A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What do you want to know?

Post 1

Robotron, formerly known as Robyn Graves and before that, GreyRose

I'm in the process of changing my introduction, and I have no idea what to put on there. So, what do you want to know about me? Not just me in particular, what would you like to know about anyone? I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has this problem.

So, ask away, be it specific or general, but don't expect an answer here, you'll have to visit my home page to see that. smiley - winkeye

Thanks,
GreyRose

Post 2

Rat

What there favorite pastime is. I dont know about you, but once someone tells me what they spend most of there waking hours doing(whether it be masturbating, using the computer, playing video games,etc.) it tells a lot about the person.
Also include anything weird or zany about you. Thats always fun to read. Any weird habits are always fun to mock.(kidding).
I dont know, anything. Whatever your heart desires. My intro sucks(big time), and I have no clue what its missing, though it is missing something. Hmm. Also including your view of the world in general is a good thing. That way people can pick up how insane you are. Like if your view of the world is to see it in shambles, blown apart by nuclear warheads leaving no living organism alive.
I apologize for probably being of no help after all(too busy panaking cause i IMed my ex and he signed off without responding) Thought I'd post and get my mind off of this(although I should be doing my economics project-hmmm)

The dont panic! thing doesnt help me now
RAT

Post 3

Oh Rat! You have been loads of help to me. It's very important to hear other's opinions. And even if you're advice didn't help (which it does), your posts always make me smile. smiley - smiley I want to know what's going on w/your ex (I have news too), but save it for our other conversation.

My page sucked really bad too, that's why I started this. Hopefully, someone else will respond, so you can benefit from it as well.

Post 4

Metal Chicken

If it helps - what I like to read in an intro is where you're from, what you like to do, what you're thinking about, anything that gives me a clue about who you are. I also like to see a few links included from around the Guide and outside. But keep it fairly simple - leave people wanting to know more and they might even ask you. smiley - smiley
MC

Post 5

If y'have a look at my homepage, you'll see I've tried to give an entirely objective overview of who I am... that largely being made up of what I believe in and what I spend my time doing.

I don't think *any* description of who I am would be completely without mentioning that I'm a sceptic and an atheist... not because, to someone meeting me, that's immediately (or at all) obvious... just because those qualities are at the very foundations of my personality.

Post 6

Yes, 226199, very effective. Paints a pretty picture. smiley - winkeye

Post 7

J'au-æmne

The thing on my page that I get most feedback about is my statement that it doesn't always rain in Manchester. I don't know what to make of that... I guess say something a tiny bit controversial.

Post 8

Cool. Maybe I should put something about how people in Oklahoma don't still ride around in covered wagons. smiley - winkeye

Post 9

J'au-æmne

Good ideasmiley - smiley
BTW if you want GuideML gizmos to encourage your page to be all singing and all dancing, visit here:
http://www.h2g2.com/A246287

Post 10

I will, but it will be a while. I have to learn it first. I don't even know HTML.

Post 11

Shorty† (ACE, Keeper, Muse, MuG, Thingite)

Well, I don't know what I want to know, but I certainly would like to know what to put in my intro cuz it's really really bad. I think I have all the stuff other people suggested though...

Well, I never know what to say on these things.

Bye smiley - smiley

Post 12

Demon Drawer

I get comments about my short bi-og , which is all truthful but done in a fun short of way, for example I don't actually mention my age but anyone can work it out etc.

Post 13

Yeah, DD, I looked at your page earlier. I like it.

What would really help me is more specific questions. For example, what's your favorite time of day? Things like that.

Post 14

Demon Drawer

I don't really have one, my moods are weather depnedent. yeah, and I live in Ireland. Well not so much weather more on my outlook to life, when I'm feeling fit like at present, and playing good bowls as at present, I feel preety much OK at any time and require very little sleep. However when the reverse is true I can be a real pain to be around at any time, just ask my ex-girlfriend who got me at the point I was hating my last job and coming to realise some big things about my life as a whole.

Post 15

ex-gir/boyfriends are good for that. smiley - winkeye

Post 16

girL/boyfriends.

Post 17

Demon Drawer

It's Ok GreyRose I got the drift.

Post 18

I figured you would have. I just hate it when I do that.

Post 19

CrazyOne

Hmm. This has nothing to do with what actual info to put on your homepage, but it seemed like a potential spot to point out that the all-singing, all-dancing homepages are very annoying. Things that are especially annoying to the eye are excessive animation, the now-ubiquitous color-changing links trick, background music that can't be silenced without muting my computer's sound and probably one or two more things that I can't think of at the moment. Just because these cool tricks exist doesn't mean you should use them all on your page. I keep wondering if some of these people ever visit their own home pages. smiley - winkeye

Post 20

J'au-æmne

No sound, no pretty pictures... well, one and its tiny... I have to confess to the link colours but I do visit my own page frequently...
The thing I can't stand is those quicktime plugins.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more