A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Heat wave shorts

Post 21

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

We're not allowed shorts here either. Annoyingly, the building next door are trendy software designers, and consequently are currently lazying around on the grass in shorts and socks smiley - cross

smiley - ale

Heat wave shorts

Post 22

Beatrice

I was wearing shorts while kayaking on Monday, and I've got the sunburned knees to prove it

Today I'm wearing a wraparound skirt which is good for flapping about to create a breeze under the desksmiley - biggrin. And it hides my knees.

Heat wave shorts

Post 23

Stephen

Imwearing shorts. First time at work this year! They're not actually verboten here but tend to attract comment, if not actual disapproval.

Funny, there was a time when that would have worried me but as I retire in 18 months, am contributing enough to be difficult to get rid of and am not going to get promoted whatever happens, I no longer give a stuff. I never realised I was such a rebel!

Heat wave shorts

Post 24

Beatrice

I have to ask Kerr - are those lazy w**kers from next door wearing anything APART from shorts and socks smiley - bigeyes

Heat wave shorts

Post 25

Only trendy horrible pony tails- this lot are the buggers that designed Lara Croft...

smiley - ale

Heat wave shorts

Post 26

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Its come out rather hot now... so much for my optamism earlier smiley - weird I've set up the two I-Button tempurature dataloggers, one in the lounge and one in my bedroom, so I can check how hot it got today smiley - flusteredsmiley - snowball

Heat wave shorts

Post 27

Mu Beta

Is anyone on h2g2 from Cheltenham? The place where it gets hottest, apparently. Both the UK's hottest-ever temperature, and the hottest temperature this week were recorded there.

Faulty apparatus?

B

Heat wave shorts

Post 28

Xanatic

Sheesh, if I had stayed in Denmark I could be sitting in a heatwave right now. Damned Irish weather.

Heat wave shorts

Post 29

Beatrice

Homesick for that damned Irish weathersmiley - smiley

Heat wave shorts

Post 30

Saturnine

I only got up about 3 hours (after a decent nights sleep! woohoo!) so I am still wearing my nightdress (shock! horror!). I intend to take a quick lukewarm bath in a few minutes, and then I will be wearing...ummmm...a vest top, and whatever lowerbodywear that doesn't make me sweat under my knees.

smiley - smiley

Heat wave shorts

Post 31

Jab [Since 29th November 2002]

Shorts. "in a combat style" smiley - whistle

Heat wave shorts

Post 32

Demon Drawer

Acoording to my parents the other night is is hot in Ireland. My mother had to keep applying sunscreen on my little nephew all day the other day.

As for my previous commnet I did mean Shower Master B thank you. Researchers will pleased to hear I am not appearing nude at the Edinburgh Fringe this year. smiley - winkeye

Heat wave shorts

Post 33

Saturnine

Now that IS a shame. smiley - winkeye

Today I be wearing a vest and my jeans. There's a nice cool breeze right now, so it's not too bad.

Heat wave shorts

Post 34

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

I've seen DD with his clothes on. I doubt very much it is a 'shame' that he is not appearing nude at the Fringe, or even with a fringe.

Though I'm sure FC would disagree.

smiley - shark

Heat wave shorts

Post 35

Well, we've all seen him with his clothes *on* dear...

smiley - ale

Heat wave shorts

Post 36

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

I suspect that Saturnine may not have, was actually my point, Kerr. Do pay attention at the back there or at least stay asleep and try not to disturb the rest of us...

smiley - shark

Heat wave shorts

Post 37

Oh, right. I thought it was a mistype for 'I have seen DD without his clothes on'
smiley - laugh

smiley - ale

Heat wave shorts

Post 38

Hmm, whilst I have slept on one occasion in the same house as DD (I think), I have not seen him naked. Both of us are probably very glad of this fact.smiley - winkeye

smiley - shark

Heat wave shorts

Post 39

Saturnine

*ignores homoeroticist undertones* smiley - winkeye

Heat wave shorts

Post 40

Undertones? More like a full blown performance by trumpets and a steel band, I'd have thought? smiley - winkeye

smiley - shark

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more