A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 2821

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Ok, well as button pushing seems to be a popular thing, maybe you'd like to have a crack at this

http://www.addictinggames.com/kingofbuttons.html

My petty hate for the day. Drain Hair

Petty Hates

Post 2822

Shhhhh

What on earth is drain hair? smiley - yikes

Petty Hates

Post 2823

KB

I hate the fact that as soon as I hear those first few notes of "I wish it could be Christmas everyday", I know it's only a matter of time until I'm being told by a voiceover about the price of mince pies!

Petty Hates

Post 2824

KB

Sounds like hair in the plughole or something..

Petty Hates

Post 2825

Yael Smith

It is hair in the plughole, I think.
I hate Christmas songs being repeated endlessly in any store you walk into. Surely there are more than 5, so broaden you playlists, please.
I HATE Christmas shopping and Christmas dragging-the-bags-home-ing.smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 2826

pffffft

A present petty hate is them adverts that say stuff like

'This is not just a cake, this is a Belgian chocolate cake with smooth and light fresh dairy cream all made from the finest ingredients'

'This is not just a chicken, this is a tender cooked Kentucky organic chicken braised with coriander tips and drizzled with honey from Canada'

'This is not a burger, this is the finest half pound of pure Aberdeen beef, salted and cured, cooked to perfection and served between two halves of a fesh whit bread roll layered with monteray cheese.'

'This is not just a cake...OH YES IT F*Z#*G IS!! it looks very nice and lovely and appetizing but I'm afarid whatever way you look at it or descrbe it, it is still JUST a bloody cake!'

Petty Hates

Post 2827

Omega Jones

The library connection is very slow today - just as I'm looking up important stuff too. Muh!

Petty Hates

Post 2828

Ascverlaren Cherry

My petty hate for the day when your phone just won't stop ringing, especially when you are trying to make a deadline smiley - grr...or should that be, I hate the monkeys on the other end of the line, who won't stop ringing in order to ask questions to which they already know the answer, while you are trying to make a deadline?

Either way, I hate the incessant ringing!

Petty Hates

Post 2829

Ascverlaren Cherry

smiley - blush
That should be 'for the day IS when your phone...'

Petty Hates

Post 2830

Yael Smith

Being tired. It just... isn't nice.

Petty Hates

Post 2831

Kat

I'd rather do without the gift giving murlurky this year. It isn't that I'm mean I just hate having to think of what to get people while trugging around packed shops. I hate crowded places at the best of times. I've got a rotten cold and I just don't feel like doing Christmas this year. Bah hum bug.

Petty Hates

Post 2832

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

People calling Tesco Tesco's

Petty Hates

Post 2833

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Yeah sorry, drain hair is the hair that gets stuck in the plug hole.. unless you have a hippie drain and then it might just have grown it itself!!

smiley - peacedove Will

Petty Hates

Post 2834

Dog poo on paths

Petty Hates

Post 2835

Ascverlaren Cherry

Vampadvocate >> Have you thought about giving everyone a can of worms for their Christmas this year? Or perhaps a pair of goats??

Many charities are running similar schemes this year (or have been doing so for many years), where your loved one gets a certificate stating what they have purchased and where it is going and some lucky soandso in a developing nation gets something incredibly useful, which will help them survive and (hopefully) prosper on their own.

The best part is that you can order them online - so no shop trudging! smiley - biggrin

And, uh, to stay true to the dogma of the thread: I hate it when you buy an item of food or drink and the person serving you says something along the lines of "I cannot believe you would want to eat *that*!" smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 2836

Yael Smith

I hate it when you can obviously see that the food they want you to buy for some ridiculous price in some poncy coffee shop has obviously been there all day, and has been refrigerated the whole night before, if not longer, and is now stale, hard and cold. smiley - yuk

Pet Hates

Post 2837

people saying Petty Hates when it is 'Pet Hates'

Petty Hates

Post 2838

AlexoOo

The forum is called 'Petty Hates'.

I would define a petty hate as a niggling little thing that shouldn't bother you at all. Like someone slurping their tea. But it does. It drives you mental in fact.

Having a small hole in your sock but putting it on anyway and later having your big toe sticking out through the now enlarged hole for the rest of the day.

Petty Hates

Post 2839

eloisa

Finding about 27 socks which include not a single matching pair. How is that possible? I don't buy socks that often!

Pet Hates

Post 2840

But is said in 'real life' RL it would be said like this 'my Pet hate is................'

Key: Complain about this post