A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

The Most Boring and Banal thread on H2G2

Post 25361

kasdog

I should do, I put the grail there some years back it was just after they painted some of the buses other than green which was a mistake in my opinion

Post 25362

hammondorgan

Well I was in Cornwall a couple of months back, and let me tell you the bus ride from Penzance to Truro on top of a double decker bus was the highlight of my year, I mean sitting in the top deck of course, not standing on the roof.

Post 25363

Reality Manipulator

Today has been a slow day due to my severe lack of energy caused by blocked nasal and facial sinuses, which no matter what I do by taking various remedies, stay stubbornly blocked.

Post 25364

ITIWBS

Its been ages since I posted here.

Post 25365

kasdog

I did see a blue bus in Penzance this morning, it was rather surprising because most of the buses around are either green or grey.

Post 25366

hammondorgan

Kas, I walked to Mousehole from Penzance, and got the bus back, the darn thing is I can't for the life of me remember what colour it was, the bus that is, not Mousehole. It was only a little single decker though, could you check it out for me?

Post 25367

kasdog

It could have bin the little Mouszel bus my 'ansum n that is a privit bus, n tis white with black letters, then agin it could ave bin one ov them there Western nation singles n they be green mostlysmiley - biggrin

Post 25368

hammondorgan

You won't believe this Kes, bit you know they all have speech defects down there, and they call Mousehole Muzzle? Well we went for a pint at that nice pub on the front, and there was a dog outside with a muzzle on! You couldn't make it up could you! And they can't say Marazion either.

Post 25369

kasdog

Tidn a defec hammy tis a dialectsmiley - biggrin

Post 25370

hammondorgan

Hey ahm a Geordie ah am, we're all defectives, haddawayyabooger! regards,
Ham.

Post 25371

kasdog

of course daarlin dialect is aawfly common doncha knowsmiley - winkeye

Post 25372

Reality Manipulator

Mainland Scotland and the Scottish Isles will be getting quite a bit of snow.smiley - snowballsmiley - llabwonssmiley - snowman

Post 25373

kasdog

there is no reason to think that buses should always be the same colour

Post 25374

hammondorgan

Variety is the spice of life. I was in Blackpool a couple of years ago, and did you know, they have trams and buses there? The amazing thing is, they run along the same road along the prom! You can sit on the top deck of a double decker, and pretend you're racing the tram! I favour the buses cos they're free on my bus pass. Outside of the rush hour, the buses are the best bet I find, I wave to the passengers on the tram, but I think they're bad losers, cos they never wave back.

Post 25375

kasdog

I wonder if different social classes choose the bus or the tram according to whether or not the passengers are posh or pleb? perhaps that is why they don't wave to each othersmiley - biggrin

Post 25376

hammondorgan

Kas, did you know the Trolley song is actually about a tram? That's because Judy Garland was American, I suppose, Americans call trams trolley cars you know. Can't think of any English songs about trams, funny that. Hang on, didn't Cher sing one about Gypsies Trams and Thieves? She's American as well though, funny that.

Post 25377

kasdog

i have been on a tram, once when I was a little lad I went to London and there were trams, or were they trolley busses I wonder? they had poles on top which were attached to electric wires. I was so little and it was so long ago, before WW11 even (yes I am that old) smiley - sadface

Post 25378

hammondorgan

Well Kas, there's a thing, they had them in Newcazzle me 'andsome, they wuz bright yeller they wuz. I remember, I lived in Gateshead and they didn't go across the bridge! They had tramcars in Gateshead, sort of dark mauve they wuz,, ran on rails!

Post 25379

kasdog

I am thinking of giving up trainspotting and going in for tram spotting, it may not be so stressfulsmiley - smiley

Post 25380

hammondorgan

Well Kaz, I'm just back from a weekend in Bournemouth, jolly bracing it was too. We decided to walk along to Hengisbury head, meaning to get the land train back to town, Thing is it doesn't run in mid winter, which makes perfect sense when you think about it. So we had to walk halfway back in a sandstorm and climb up the zig zag path to catch a bus, red with a cream top I think it was. You wouldn't believe it, but when we went to get on the bus my telescopic hiking poles wouldn't collapse, frozen they were! Eventually we saw the funny side.

Key: Complain about this post