A Conversation for The Internet is an elaborate hoax.

Peer Review: A833050 - The Internet is an elaborate hoax.

Post 1

Scarab (Herbert West)

Entry: The Internet is an elaborate hoax. - A833050
Author: Scarab - U203806

Please review - and do you agree that the premise is a possibility?

A833050 - The Internet is an elaborate hoax.

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Not in the least.

Please take this thread out of Peer Review by going to PeerReview, finding your entry and clicking on 'Remove'. Your entry won't be deleted, just moved out of the PR forum, in which you'll see it doesn't belong if you read Writing-Beginners and Writing-Guidelines.

May your haemhorroids grow smaller without surgery smiley - smiley

Post 3

Scarab (Herbert West)

Sorry, don't get you - what do you mean.

Post 4

"Not in the least."

I don't agree that it's a possibility.

"Please take this thread out of..."

Peer Review is the forum for discussing entries which have been submitted for inclusion in the edited section of h2g2. Any which are patently unsuitable (as this one is) should be removed by the author using the instructions given above. Following the other two links will explain why.

"May your haemhorroids grow smaller without surgery"

Another way of saying "Have a nice day"

Post 5

Stuart

Hi Gosho,

I was going to say pretty much the same thing, but using well know set of four initials that was invented for this purpose, but managed, with great difficulty, to retrain myself.

You put far more eloquently than I could. Must be that refined Essex upbringing. Me, I’m just a course Northerner!smiley - smiley

Stuart

Post 6

Scarab (Herbert West)

Nope, still don't get it.

Who are you?

Post 7

Stuart

Dont get what? Please be specific and somebody will endevour to explain what ever it is you do not understand.

As to who are you? Click on the name highlighted in Blue and it will take you to the individuals personal space where you will find out who they are - or at least all they are prepared to reveal.

Stuart

Post 8

caper_plip

I have a feeling that the author is trying to be ironic with relating to the actual title of the article, that the Internet is a complete hoax. Let's see...

Scarab, I am in fact one of those Russians in a caravan in a silicon valley, and if you do not remove this article from Peer Review as several of the aforesaid illusions have requested previously, it will not get the feedback that you may be wanting as it does not fit the Writing-Guidelines. This would be better placed in the Alternative Writing Workshop, which can be found at Writing-Alternative.

If you do not remove it from Peer Review as the aforesaid illusions have requested, you run the risk of irritating several of these illusions who will not be too pleased at your apparent ignorance to what they are saying.

Post 9

If the Internet is a hoax, then so is Scarab, and so are the Editors who will take this out of PR if Scarab doesn't.

Post 10

The GR Manoeuvre --- a posting a day keeps the reaper away

*reap*

Suggested move back to entry for this thread as the entry does not meet the Writing Guidelines. Any seconders? *looks nonchalantly in Gosho's direction*

Croz

Post 11

smiley - ok

Post 12

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

* adds another thumb *

who's going to do the honours?

Post 13

Stuart

smiley - ok

Post 14

caper_plip

I'm not a Scout, but...

smiley - ok

Post 15

Scarab (Herbert West)

Do you lot play D&D?

Post 16

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Sorry, "D&D" doesn't ring a bell smiley - erm

What's going on here is that some imaginative 'Scout' entities and dedicated researchers are running a kind of voting system - two Scouts ' votes and a certain thread will be moved out of a review forum to which it appararently was posted without obedience to what the purpose of that forum is. Of course this all is a hoax, but some aspects of this hoax *do* have an influence on the real world, in that the composition of a certain BBC server is changed.

* vanishes in a smiley - puff of logic *

Post 17

Zak T Duck

I think that's Dungeons & Dragons Bossel.

smiley - laugh

The wheels is in motion and should be sorted M**day morning

Croz

Post 18

spook

i think this entry is not accurate. in fact, the russians did as the entry says, set up the inetrnet to have only 6 pages up at a time, with a page unavailable as a seventh, however, the americans found ut about this scheme, and tricked the russians into thinking they controlled the inetrent by maling their 6 pages into one website, then creating other websites which the russians would never see.

but don't tell the russians smiley - winkeye

spook

Post 19

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Hi Scarab,

I see you're fairly new around here, so forgive us for perhaps being a little sharp with you.

What these people are trying to tell you is that you've put your entry into Peer Review, which is supposed to be for entries based on factual research, not personal 'joke' theories, which, in honesty, this is.

To remove this from Peer Review, click on the 'Peer Review' button on the left-hand side of your screen, then find your entry in the list at the bottom of the page (you might have to search through a few pages, but it should be fairly near the top) and then click 'remove' (the X at the far right of the line your entry appears on). Once your entry hass been removed from Peer Review, you'll be able to submit it to another forum instead.

On a personal note, I hope your entry isn't true - otherwise my wages will stop turning up in the middle of each month. smiley - smiley

Jimster
Assistant Content Producer, h2g2

Post 20

This reminds me of a discussion I and a bunch of friends had once with someone who tried (in a not altogether serious fashion - there was some smiley - ale involved smiley - winkeye) to argue that we were all figments of his sense data. It was about 25 years ago and I can't for the life of me remember what stunning proof one of us came up with to shoot his argument down in flames. I can't rcall his name... only that we used to call him and his girlfriend the 'Yah Coo people', because they said 'Yah' and 'Coo' a lot smiley - erm

I'll go away now.

Key: Complain about this post