A Conversation for The Village de la Vavoom's First Annual Harvest Festival 2002

The Cake Competition Tent

Post 1

Also ran 1

smiley - cakesmiley - cupcakesmiley - cakesmiley - cupcakesmiley - cakesmiley - cupcake

RESEARCHERSsmiley - cake ACESsmiley - cake GURUSsmiley - cake SCOUTSsmiley - cake

Have you a favourite cake receipe?

Do you love cakes?

Why not share you skills and your delight with us?

You might even win a virtual prize from a secret benefactor?

Please send you entry(ies) to the above address marked

"Handle me with care-I am a delicious cake."

Good luck!

See you at the Harvest Festival. Whooppee!!

Post 2

Also ran 1

AR1 whirls onto the village green in her helicopter which Bassman has lent her. As it lands she sees the beautiful green tent with strawberry paintings on the outside.
"Ah good", she thinks, "Caerwyn and Coelancnth have done wonderful work in decorating the outside."
She notices that around the tent the two have placed lovely containers filled with flowers.

Once inside the tent she is thrilled to see the long white tables covered in damask cloths. They are carefully placed so that the judges can sample each cake without damaging the total effect. There are cake plates piled high, white with a gold crest of h2g2 on them. The napkins are also white with the same gold crest. At the judges table there are beautifully delicate white cups, gold rimmed, and cake silver cake stands on which will be exhibited the winning cakes.

The whole scene is one of elegant beauty. Some of the exhibits have already arrived, and AR is tempted by a choccolate cake with coffee icing most beautifully piped. She leans over it to smell the delicious confection and is very nearly tripped into it by Jesi who comes rushing in with some New Zealand cakes. All frondy and different.

It is not too late to enter your favourite cake made with your favourite receipe. Just send them into the above address and who knows perhaps you will be the winner of the virtual cake competition of 2002.

Good luck.

AR1 smiley - schooloffish

I hope this is alright - if not I shall just quietly give up the ghost!! I'll try and do the pickled one tomorrow.!

Post 3

Bob Gone for good read the jornal

Just one question, AR1-
What above address???

Post 4

Also ran 1

Dear Mike,
I thought the Cake Competition Tent was the address!!. I really am a novice at this and have not the faintest idea how to set it up. Hope that Titania will help me out!! AR1 smiley - schooloffish

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating around all over the Festival-to-be area, not quite as vague and elf-like as usual*

Is that Elly's cake we're talking about? *discreetly wipes the corners of her mouth with a handkerchief so as not to drool too much*

I think what AR1 meant to say was: *takes deep breath*

'Please present your contributions to the Village de la Vavoom's First Annual Harvest Festival Cake Competition here!'

I'm sure AR1 will do her best to display them as appetizingly as possible!smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Toccata

*Slips in quietly and places a smiley - cake on the table*

A796043

*smiley - bigeyeslooks in awe and a little bit of dread at the wonderful display of cakes already present. Quietly bimbles off*

Post 7

Lenny (Lynette)

Here we are....A644591!

*sneaks off quietly*

Post 8

Witty Moniker

*Arrives carrying a rather large bakery box tied neatly with string, a slight smudge of flour on her forehead.*

I'd like to enter my carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Here's a copy of the recipe: A457139

Post 9

Also ran 1

AR1 slips quietly into the tent.

She looks at the wonderful array of cakes on the table - some of which have been brought personally by Tocatto, She admires it and hurries out before she is tempted to try it.
The standard is wonderful this year. She feels sure the judges will be impressed.
She makes a note to thank Tocatto and the other generous donors. of cakes.

Post 10

Also ran 1

Dear Lennysmiley - rose
I can't seem to get to your cake which you entered for the cake competition at the harvest Festival. I do hope that it has not got lost with all the entries we have been receiving. Do you think you could retrieve it? I hope that your accommodation problems are soon sorted out. congrats to your husband on his degree. Hope he finds something suitable soon. Again many thanks for entering and I hope we can find it soon.! AR1 smiley - schooloffish

Post 11

Titania (gone for lunch)

*looking in*

Is everything OK in here?

*notices a closed cake box which shows signs of attempts to open it*

Hey! That looks like an Origami thing - let me have a try at it!smiley - smiley

*carefully lifts up box and unfolds something on the underside*

*puts the box down again and patiently continues the unfolding*

Tadaaa!!! *looks down into the now open box and sees A644591*

Looks delicious! I'll leave you to display it, AR1!smiley - smiley

Oh - by the way - we are still lacking competitors in the Home Made Wine Competition Tent - ask your friends if they'd be interested...
<./>F96925?thread=205214&latest=1</.>

*drifting off to check other festival areas*

Post 12

Lenny (Lynette)

Hello Hello!

My cake is on http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A644591

Its called the Ultimate Chocolate cake and is an edited guide entry! There should be a link to it on my page too. Let me know if you still have probs...smiley - huh

smiley - smileysmiley - towel

Post 13

Also ran 1

Lenny dear,
Please see that Titania - dear lady - has managed to find your cake. could you post it again with the correct number otherwise it will e missed as an entry. It looks deelicious. I amd dead tired so must be off to bed. Kind regards AR1 smiley - schooloffish

Post 14

Also ran 1

Titania dear smiley - rose
I shall try and get my friends interested in entering the wine makig competition tomorrow. If I try and write out that thread tnight they will probably end up on the moon. bonne nuit AR1 smiley - schooloffish Flaps her tail wearily to bed.

Post 15

Lenny (Lynette)

for the benefit of the daft...where do you want me to post it? Is here OK? What should I say? Not quite sure here!

thank you!

smiley - cheers

Post 16

Also ran 1

Dear Lenny - I believe that Titania has fixed it up with a new number. At least I think so. From the dafter than daft AR1 smiley - schooloffish

Post 17

Titania (gone for lunch)

*appears out of the blue and puts up a note on the outside of The Cake Competition Tent before disappearing again*

smiley - cake~~~~~smiley - cake~~~~~smiley - cake~~~~~smiley - cake

Judging of the cakes will start on
Saturday 31 August at 8.30 pm BST

See the Harvest Festival Info page
for more details!

smiley - cake~~~~~smiley - cake~~~~~smiley - cake~~~~~smiley - cake

Post 18

Titania (gone for lunch)

*pops up again to hastily add the link to the info page*
A810640

Post 19

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*lurks in a corner and drools*

Post 20

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

*Enters the tent carrying her Lemon Pound Cake*

Hi there, Amy! smiley - smiley Are you ant-icipating a good feed?

*Place a heavy glass cover over her cake.*

Key: Complain about this post