This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Music from the garbage dump

Post 1

Hypatia

This is a bit long, but it is both interesting and inspiring. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=3704

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Hypatia, how wonderful this is! smiley - biggrin Wow. The beauty of that music coming out of all those odds and ends just blows you away.

Thanks for sharing that.

Post 3

AE Hill, Mabin-OGion Character of inauspicious repute

I liked it!

Thanx

Post 4

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - biggrinperfick! just the ticket smiley - smiley

Post 5

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Thanks for sharing that, Hypatia. What a cool present for 2013. Wow, those kids are amazing and the instruments too cool. So much cooler than gismos requiring nothing of yourself. It should teach everyone not to be acquisitive, but be creative you can effect the world this way without dumb debates or politics in a way that has no negative consequences only good stuff. Most people would agree that helping kids to get a more enriched life is a laudable goal

Post 6

Baron Grim

I was not expecting classical instruments nor classical music. I was expecting something closer to The Blue Man Group's sound and aesthetic.

What a pleasant surprise.

smiley - towel

Post 7

Websailor

Hyp, what a shame, the video has been removed by the owner! Just my luck.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 8

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Here you go webbie, thanks to Rudest elf:

Try YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHTIhyNdhk

That should be accessible to folks in the UK.

Post 9

Websailor

Thank you so much Elektra, that was inspiring. I wish something like that could be done here, there is so much waste, and I have never seen it put to such good use.

Re-use of good material and the building of so many skills has to be good for everyone. I hope we get to see the full orchestra when it is up and running.

Post 10

Hypatia

Thanks for the UK link Elektra so Websailor could view it. It is such a great story, and the music they get out of those instruments is amazing.

Post 11

Websailor

Thanks both,

I loved it, being a great believer in recycling myself, but it is the first time I have seen such an amazing new world opening up as a result.

Even here instruments are beyond the pockets of some parents, and such a scheme would be fun and so many new skills would be learnt. I hope the idea spreads.

Post 12

Titania (gone for lunch)

Wow smiley - brave

Amazing how you can make instruments that look like that and sound like *real instruments.

And some of those young people are very gifted.

Key: Complain about this post