This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Bodice Rippers

Post 1

Hypatia

Anyone need a laugh? I don't remember if this has made the rounds here or not. If you are one of those people who actually read bodice rippers, then I apologize profusely.

No, no I don't. I lied. Besides, I can't imagine anyone who reads bodice rippers being subscribed to my journal. If so, then please contact me and I'll try to schedule an intervention.

Bodice Rippers

Post 2

Hypatia

I guess it would have helped if I'd given you the link, wouldn't it? smiley - blush

http://worldoflongmire.com/features/romance_novels/

Bodice Rippers

Post 3

Hati

smiley - rofl
smiley - ta muchly, Hypatia. smiley - ok

Bodice Rippers

Post 4

Lady Chattingly

I am partial to "Lord of the Hissy Fits". I haven't thrown a good "hissy fit" in a long time. smiley - biggrin

Bodice Rippers

Post 5

Hypatia

I like "The legend of the totally lost Mountie" smiley - laugh

Bodice Rippers

Post 6

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I explored further and was cackling loudly over "Defender of D**do Tower" when Cille came in from next door. We spent the next ten minutes laughing loudly as I reprised the best titles. smiley - laugh

Bodice Rippers

Post 7

Hypatia

"The Smug Viking who Shaved his Nipples" smiley - rofl

Bodice Rippers

Post 8

Leo

*sulk* So you don't share my taste in fine literature? smiley - sadface

smiley - rolleyes More power to the pagemaster.

Bodice Rippers

Post 9

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I posted this to the Atelier a while back, but I'm sure it got lost in the flood of posts... I liked Scotty McMullet, personally.

I'm also tempted to go out and make my own covers, but I've found that the romance novels in used bookstores have very boring covers. Nothing as exciting as a ripped bodice or a manly chest - no, it's mostly oil paintings of innocuous-looking men and women smiling.

Bodice Rippers

Post 10

Hypatia

I knew I'd seen it somewhere, Lentilla, but couldn't for the life of me remember where.

Bodice Rippers

Post 11

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Looks like there's been some new ones posted since I last visited the site!

I loved "Fine, We'll Do It In Our Spaceship Tower." So much that I had to clap my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't make any noise... I'm still at work.

Bodice Rippers

Post 12

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

That was brilliant, that one.

Bodice Rippers

Post 13

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I think Lentilla is right, there's a couple I didn't see before.

I laughed so hard my ribcage was crackling!

Bodice Rippers

Post 14

U168592

smiley - rofl

ah, class.

I must go and pick up a copy of 'I can like feel your chest bones and stuff' from my nearest Oxfam shop...

Bodice Rippers

Post 15

jazzme

What do call someone who follows a band of musicians around?
The drummer.

Bodice Rippers

Post 16

frenchbean

Wonderful smiley - smiley

I particularly like the Sherrif of Gay County smiley - laugh

Thank you Hyp... I needed a laugh.

smiley - hug

Bodice Rippers

Post 17

Teuchter

smiley - laugh That was fun.

My next visit to a bookshop will involve a detour to the Bodice Ripper department - just to admire the lovely covers and make up my own titles.

Bodice Rippers

Post 18

Ormondroyd

smiley - rofl Hyp, thanks a million for posting that - it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the 'Net. I'm about to forward the link to a couple of friends of mine who seemed very upset over smiley - love matters when I saw them last night - I hope it just might help them get a sense of perspective! smiley - ok

Bodice Rippers

Post 19

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Thanks. I enjoyed that. I enjoyed it when Lentilla posted it as well. smiley - smiley Of the new ones, I like 'Join My Cult...Please' best.

Teuchter, I think I'd be thrown out if I stood in the romance section looking at covers. Make some titles up for me!

Bodice Rippers

Post 20

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Well, I'm not Teucher, but I'll have a go...and Thank Bob that smiley - tomato can't reach me on this side of the pond!

He was a reindeer herder, she worked for Santa...they were kept apart by winter!
"Antlers Of Love Over Cleveland"

It was a love doomed from the start...
"Hangman's Hottie"

Key: Complain about this post