This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Cricket

Post 1

Hypatia

When is the English cricket season? One of the items on my list of things to do someday is attend a cricket match. It wouldn't have to be a Test Match. Something local played on a village green would work out just fine. Is it only played in the summer?

Cricket

Post 2

Pinniped

Yep.
From about 3rd week April to about 3rd week September.
Watching any cricket before June, though, is for masochists. Just MHO.

Cricket

Post 3

Hypatia

Thanks Pin. smiley - smiley Duly noted.

Cricket

Post 4

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Hi tinker

and we have cricket in our local village, I think july would be a fine time to see the game! and also bring a brolly and a newspaper too!

RJR smiley - smiley

Cricket

Post 5

Hypatia

Hi RJR. Taking vacations in July is pret near impossible until after I retire. Late August or September would be easier. Does your village team play only in July?

Cricket

Post 6

Hypatia

Is the newspaper to read because the games take so long?

Cricket

Post 7

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Correct and to sit on and to cover your head, and to hold you food on while you eat and mopp up the spilt beer and ect! smiley - biggrin

Cricket

Post 8

nope, but problebly the bestest weather, but if your comming over anytime is a cood time, cus your welcome!
smiley - smiley

Cricket

Post 9

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I remember explaining cricket to a Texan friend of mine... when we got to the subject of a test series his response was "you play this stupid game for a month?!"

smiley - laugh

Cricket

Post 10

Pinniped

This is just a daft idea, but if Hyp's coming over, could we actually play a hootoo match? Get a team together to take on a village side?

Cricket

Post 11

you might find, that the tug'o'war is better and also hourse/greyhound racing might be a bit bettersmiley - cool

Cricket

Post 12

Lady Chattingly

How rude! I don't understand a lot of the sports in other countries, but I respect the athletes. Rugby looks like a really rough and tumble game to me!

Cricket

Post 13

Hypatia

I thought the Test Matches lasted 5 days.

Cricket

Post 14

ooOOOOooOooOoOO coollio thought! And i could do the umpiring and fireworks/squib party afterwards smiley - biggrin

Cricket

Post 15

Lady Chattingly

The "how rude" remark was aimed at the Texas person who called Cricket a stupid game--not at any of our salonista friends.

Cricket

Post 16

Test matches do last 5 days and *yawn* smiley - biggrin

Cricket

Post 17

Hypatia

A hootoo cricket match is an awesome idea!

Cricket

Post 18

Pinniped

Right. We've got an umpire and two players (me and Hyp). Anyone else?

Cricket

Post 19

we need another umpirerthngy and pin 30 over match should do the trick!

Men and women teams, as in the great hootoo tradition smiley - smiley what do you think??smiley - smiley

Cricket

Post 20

Lady Chattingly

Will this match be televised? If so, I could be a cheerleader from here in the middle of the US.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hypatia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more