This is the Message Centre for Existential Elevator

The top 5...

Post 1

Existential Elevator

...Sci-fi films I realy must get round to watching this year..

5. The Day the Earth Stood Still.
4. King Kong
3. Flash Gordon.
2. The Forbidden Planet
1. Logan's Run.

...call it a late New Year's resolution smiley - winkeye

Take Care all
EE
smiley - rose

The top 5...

Post 2

Laura

Well I've seen 4 and 1 reasonably recently smiley - smiley. Used to watch Logan's Run quite frequently as a kiddie

The top 5...

Post 3

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

ahhh two of the best there 2 and 5 these are good and no 5 has the best robot ever, also try to find the film "THEM" its a good'un.

smiley - biggrin

The top 5...

Post 4

Spacecadet Jack (Supreme Commander in Cheif) [Major]

Whut about metropalis... I think I spelt that wrong...... anyways... weird one... Japenese cartoony version even weirder..... logans run I remember that one jeez

The top 5...

Post 5

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

ahhh metroplis, not the best film but a start in the right direction

smiley - smiley

The top 5...

Post 6

I know but its good for head hurting and weirdness value smiley - weird

The top 5...

Post 7

TeaKay

Ahhh, good list.... 1 and 3 are great (3 especially because of the soundtrack smiley - winkeye), but the rest I haven't actually seen, surprsingly.

War of the Worlds is good, if you haven't seen it (Well, it's good if you have, but you know what I mean). Same with Close Encounters, and The Time Machine (the original). And both of Peter Cushing's Doctor Who films (I know you've seen one of them...).

I'll just shut up now, before I take up the rest of g2's server space with all the sci fi flicks I can think of...

TK[1]smiley - pirate

The top 5...

Post 8

Existential Elevator

I'm rather desperate to see Logan's Run.. I'm not terribly sure why, it's just imprinted there on my mind.

I'll look out for Metropolis [however you spell it smiley - winkeye]

smiley - biggrin

Ack, Close Encounters... I think I saw the extended version. I hope it was the extended version. It went on far far far too long. Good story. Just far too long in the telling.

My knowlege of sci-fi flicks sadly needs further promting. Must... geekify... self... smiley - winkeye

The top 5...

Post 9

TeaKay

Metropolis also has Queen connections... though their music isn't actually in the film, it being silent, an' all.

Having said that, Freddie did work with someone on a soundtrack to it ,but I don't think it ever came to anything.

Logan's run /is/ a pretty good film, plus it has Basil Exposition as the lead...

TK[1]smiley - pirate

The top 5...

Post 10

Existential Elevator

Oooooh, seem to get everywhere smiley - biggrin

smiley - ok

Now *that's* a good name smiley - laugh

The top 5...

Post 11

OOoh EE geekifying smiley - bigeyes

The top 5...

Post 12

TeaKay

Basil Exposition, as in Austin Pwers' boss... can't remember the actor's name, you see...

Yes, EE is geekifying herself, and she is proving a most worthy student.

TK[1]smiley - pirate

The top 5...

Post 13

Existential Elevator

Ah yes, I know who you mean... my dad said the name a bit ago, but I'm damned if I can remember... I don't really do names smiley - erm

You see, I feel I hvae great potential to go far in the geek world, and feel I aught to make a good start by becoming more familiarised with the classic sci-fi films.
Any excuse... smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post