Peer Review: A742420 - Teenagers and cell phones

Post 1

trillian9000

Entry: Teenagers and cell phones - A742420
Author: trillian9000 - U193789

This is an interesting article about teenagers and their use of cell phones

A742420 - Teenagers and cell phones

Post 2

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Hi, may I suggest you break it into a few paragraphs?

Also, the mobile phone culture is not restricted to the USA - we see it in the UK as well. I've seen two teenagers talking to each other on mobiles although they were within earshot.

Worst by far is the text message craze. Ppl who cnt spel 2 strt wth thnk its kule 2 spel rong coz txtrs do it.

Post 3

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Greetings! This is an excellent subject for a guide entry, but I think this needs more work along the lines that others have suggested. I believe that Bossell is about to continue work on an old entry on text messages that was never finished - perhaps you could collaborate on something... See http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F57153?thread=163419 or just wait for Bossell to appear here! Best wishes Otto

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

I'd echo what the others have said. My first thought on seeing this subject was Bossel, too, as he works in the industry.

As a non-mobile phone user (there are still some), I don't understand the abbreviation IM, so I think that needs explaining.

In the UK, even primary school children have them. They're a fashion statement. Advertisements are now targetting children and young people and suggesting that old-fashioned ones have a social stigma! Mobile phone theft is one of the most common types of theft. Children get mugged for their phones. I saw figures on this somewhere. It might be useful to mention this aspect.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 5

Witty Ditty

Hasn't posted anything since May 3rd, but it's an interesting topic if anyone wants to take it over...

Offers?

Post 6

owlatronas

i'D LIKE TO TTO TALK TO YOU WITH REF TEENAGERS WITH MOBILE PHONES

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more