A Conversation for Eoin Colfer and The Books He's Written

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 61

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

So more stuff on Eoin Colfer himself and a few corrections, anything else?smiley - cheers

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 62

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Anyone for anymore?

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 63

Elentari

Yes.

In the first paragraph, his first name is used far too much. Can you reword some of it? There's a missing apostrophe in there somewhere too.

"Artemis Fowl Senior is Artemis Fowl Juniors father. Artemis Fowl Senior tries to set up a"

This section needs sorting.

Having very quickly skimmed the other entry, the character biographies are unneccessary. They're in the other entry and you don't go into the same level of detail for the non Artemis Fowl books, so it's unbalanced. I would just explain the plot briefly like you have for the others, along with a sentence that links to the other entry and explains that more detail about the characters and so on can be found in there.

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 64

h2g2Support

How's this one coming along? smiley - smiley

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 65

I think Pingu is in the middle of taking his GCSEs

smiley - smiley

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 66

Natalie

Aw good luck, Pingu! smiley - goodluck

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 67

U168592

I'm sorry, I hope this hasn't been recommended by a Scout, as it not only hasn't looked into the questions put forward by other reviewers, but also hasn't tangled with the fact the EG already has an Entry on the works mentioned in the Entry. This needs far more information of the man himself, rather than succinct summaries of his most recent writing, to justify inclusion or even updating of the current EG Entry which Gnomon linked to many posts beforehand.

smiley - smiley

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 68

*bump*

Are you ready to come back to this, Pingu?

lil x

A28782138 - Eoin Colfer

Post 69

I am afraid that I don't have time to finish this entry, because all of my exams are modular they are spread out through the year, so i am almost always dong stuff for exams. I won't be able to finish this entry off myself. Sorry.

I would like to say thanks to everyone who has offerd advice and shown me where i've gone wrong, I have definitely got a lot more knowledge of what is required for a guide entry and i shall try to write for the EG in the future.

I'm not sure what happens to this entry know, if someone else wants to take it up and finish it that would be fine with me, other than that i'm not sure what happens.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 70

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 71

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Fantastic News smiley - smiley

Post 72

excellent, thanks very much!smiley - biggrin

Post 73

h5ringer

Is anybody actually reading this thread?

a) Gnomon raised the point way back that there is already an EG entry (and Matt has reminded us of that fact twice)
b) the writer noted that he would not have the time to finish it off
c) it still gets picked

How?

*mystified smiley - doh*

Post 74

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Been thinking that myself, h5ringer, actually...smiley - erm

Post 75

Derek

I picked this one a little early it seems! I'm very sorry. I'm trying to make ammends right now. Hold tight and all shall be well soon. Else it's to the gallows for me. smiley - blush

Post 76

kipperonthefloor - Make sense? What fun is there in Making sense?

I was going to say about in cluding a futer/current proget of this auther, the book "And another thing!"

Key: Complain about this post