A Conversation for The H2G2 Super Furry Animals Fan Club

Can you point me in direction, I can take my shoes

Post 41

Ste

YAY! smiley - wow

SFA are coming to San Diego! smiley - biggrin They're playing a s****y little tiiiiny club called "Brick by Brick"! Furries in a small venue, yes! I'm seeing them in Hollywood the day before too, we bought tickets to that gig because we weren't sure if they'd come to SD or not at that point. But now they are so I get to see them two nights in a row. And the venue is just down the road from my house!

*Happy* smiley - biggrin

Sorry, I'll stop now...

Stesmiley - earth

Post 42

Researcher 206289

Yes, Please enroll me into your fine academy, if you are still here, of course.

Post 43

Ste

Yep! I'm still here. A little too pushed for time to run an h2g2 fanclub properly, but still here.

Let's cut a deal. You give yourself a nickname, and put something up on your personal space (so people can contact you and welcome you to the community) and I'll join yer right up smiley - biggrin

smiley - cheers

Stesmiley - earth

Post 44

weegie

i thought i'd pop over and start this again, is anyone around?

i see the SFA are playing a gig in london in April smiley - smiley a stephen malkmus curated festival. and the new album's due out soon too smiley - biggrin i can hardly wait smiley - biggrin

how was the gig ste? were they great?

you know how we were talking about the wonderful teenage fanclub, they've got a new album out at the mo - four thousand and seven hundred and sixt-six seconds - its beginners guide to the fannies (i'd say it were a greatest hits cd, but since the population of the world singularly lack taste when it comes to the fannies, they haven't had any hits!) . its absolutely superb smiley - biggrin and i'd definately recommend everyone gets its. i saw the fannies at the barras on friday night and i'm still on a high about it smiley - drunk - the fannies - the nicest men in pop! the glasgow beach-boys smiley - smiley dare you not to smile when 'aint that enough' is on.

Post 45

Ste

...And the new album is going to be called 'Phantom Power'. Yes!smiley - ok

Are you going to that gig W****E?

The LA and San Diego gigs were ok. They seemed a little lackluster, but they admitted in SD that they all had the flu. The Rings set is nowhere near as good as their previous live shows, so I'm really looking forward to some new material. 'Charge', 'Golden Retriever', and 'Bleed Forever' were three new songs that they played. The first two are bloody amazing, the third is allllriiight.

A fannie 'best of' huh? Looks like I'll have to invest in that one.

Stesmiley - earth

Post 46

COZMIK LUV CHILD

HELLO

If this fan club is still goin, then count me in. I've loved SFA for 5 years now, owning nearly everything they've released. I've seen them shitloads of times - the best has got to be Glastonbury '99. With the stage decorated with space rocks, n the space ship, n Mogwai dressed as aliens, n the black dude driving a camper van thru the crowd during man don't give a whoopsee. it was insane and hysterical.

neway if ne1's interested SFA have just released the tracklisting 4 their new album PHANTOM POWER which is gonna have another DVD

1. HELLO SUNSHINE 2. LIBERTY BELLE 3. GOLDEN RETRIEVER 4. SEX, WAR AND ROBOTS 5. THE PICCOLO SNARE 6. VENUS AND SERENA 7. FATHER FATHER NO. 1 8. BLEED FOREVER 9. OUT OF CONTROL 10. CITYSCAPE SKY BABY 11. FATHER FATHER NO. 2 12. VALET PARKING 13. THE UNDEFEATED 14. SLOW LIFE

I'm a bit of geek so I like 2 know this sort of stuff. The titles sound crazy and nothing like the rest of SFA'a songs, which is what I've come 2 expect from them.

i live in cardiff so i see gruff about quite a bit. he marched against the war 2 so his politics are genuine.

what the hell am i on about?

i'm off now - cheers pete

Post 47

Ste

Have you listened to the new album yet? It ain't half bad... Even though it's the 'unfinished, rough' version.

I was a student in Cardiff for four years. I am utterly in love with that city. smiley - biggrin

You were at Glasto 99 huh? **Jealous** smiley - grrsmiley - winkeye

Welcome to h2g2 by the way Pete smiley - cheers. If you have any questions, or need a hand with ANYTHING, just holler. I've been around for a while.

Stesmiley - mod

Post 48

COZMIK LUV CHILD

yeah but I'm jealous of u - i haven't heard the new album yet. Last time I heard the album when a dj played it in the Model Inn in Cardiff. Glad 2 hear u liked Cardiff - it's not that bad, it's cool in the summer. Glasto was cool. The last time I saw them in Cardiff I was a bit 2 intoxicated on booze etc. All I could do was stand at the back monged watching wrestlers on the stage, arnold schwarzenegger saying best mind f**k yet on the screen followed by bill hicks saying all governments are liars are murderers. I left feeling even more wasted.

Post 49

Ste

SFA are great live. They mess with your head so well.

Where's the Model Inn again? Is that the one near the old church?

Post 50

COZMIK LUV CHILD

Yeah the MOdel inn is the 1 just round the corner from clwb ifor bach. It's like a really shitty pub, but they have good nights there now and again - called Big In Japan.

Post 51

Ste

I've had so many good nights in Clwb Ifor Bach. I love that place. I remember the Model Inn now, it virtually faces the Stadium doesn't it? Over the road from the City Arms...

Post 52

COZMIK LUV CHILD

That's the 1. Yeah Clwb Ifor is definitely the best in Cardiff, altho Metro's was the 1st club that I went 2 so even tho it's a shithole I still like it.

I don't know if u've ever been to the indie clubs in Birmingham, but the Academy is a good nite out, as is XL's and SNOBS.

Post 53

Ste

Nah, never been out in Brum. Good is it?

Metro's smiley - laugh, yeah that place *is* a shit hole! It's a great laff though.

Post 54

weegie

FANBLOODYTASTIC!!!! smiley - bubbly

a chance to get this thread up and running for a while...smiley - erm

if you go over to the nme.com you can list to tracks from the new album smiley - biggrin

i'm wee bit bummed i'm not going to t in the park tomorrow to see them, smiley - sadface but i hope to go and see them in edinburgh smiley - smiley

oh ...and by the way ... and from what i've heard so far, the album's going to be good smiley - smiley

Post 55

Ste

Yeah, it's a bit dusty round ere init?

I've had the album for about a month now, and believe me, it's absolutely brilliant. I downloaded it from SoulSeek from a guy who had a promo copy and ripped it to mp3s (all 192kpbs and everything).

'Slow life' is my favourite track. Hopefully this new album will tour better than Rings, it's a much better record IMO.

smiley - cheers

Stesmiley - mod

Post 56

weegie

i can't believe you never shared! smiley - yikessmiley - winkeye

i curious, will you be supporting drug induced welsh psychodelia by actually buying the album when it comes out? (absolutely no moral judgements - hell, they're richer than me!) just curious ... i can't even buy clothes from diesel or whatnot, without donating the equivalent money to oxfam! ... so i just wondered smiley - erm

anyway, back to the album. i'm liking what i've heard so far... its almost as if they're starting to find their level of drugs at the shaftsberry jam company ... if you know what i mean (was that a chris morris sketch or big train or something like that?)

smiley - drunk sorta

Post 57

COZMIK LUV CHILD

Just got the new album yesterday. I've only listened to it 10 times, but I'm pretty impressed. It's a lot more low key than Rings Around the World - this is their chillout album. The 2 tracks that really stand out 4 me so far are, Venus and Serena and Out of Control. I think this album is gona b 1 of those 1s that gets better with each listen. smiley - devil

Post 58

The Pink Ferret (slightly fruity)

Hi. Can you belive I left a new thread asking to be added? SORRY!

-very embarrassed Ferret-

Anyway, now that I've opened my eyes and cleaned the gunk off my glasses enoubh to see the instructions, could you please let me join the club? My page has a lot of Pink Floyd references, but I've recently become a fan of the furries though this very page. (The SFA arn't very well-known downunder.)

Maybe I'll put some SFA bits in my page as well...

Post 59

The Rocking Monk - a beard with an idiot hanging off it

I know you've not had many people sign up recently, but I'd really rather like to join your rather splendid little club.

Got Love Kraft yesterday. I'm afraid to say that after numerous listens I'm a little disappointed. I hope that this slightly revised sound is a diversion rather than a new direction.

Still one of the best UK bands of the last ten years or so though...smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post