A Conversation for The h2g2 WebTV Helpdesk

Problems

Post 21

Researcher 178815

I can't! I'm sorry, but if the telewest box can't cope with the long conversations you'd be berrt off starting a nother conversation, by clicking here: <./>Addthread?forum=84558&subject=Problems (2)</.>

Problems

Post 22

Researcher 178815

Maybe not. Try this link instead: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/Addthread?forum=84558&subject=Problems2smiley - smiley

Problems

Post 23

TORG-Bonfire Knight, Gatekeeper of Castle Anthrax

Or you could try http://bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/F84558?thread=175844&skip=0&show=10

Problems

Post 24

One more try:-

www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F84558?thread=175844?thread=&skip=0&show=10

Problems

Post 25

dadblastit! http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F84558?thread=175844&skip=0&show=10

Problems

Post 26

YAY, IT WORKS. Warm glow of satisfaction cos that's the first link I've posted that actually works. I've been using the formula for a while to get into long conversations but only from the entry page.

Anyway, hope it helps.

Problems

Post 27

Researcher 178815

smiley - smiley Got there in the end smiley - winkeye

Problems

Post 28

Yeah, kept missing bits out.

WebTV Problem

Post 29

PINKLADY 190715

. Hello
... I have problems seeing the left
... hand side of the screen, is
... there any way I can keep h2g2
... in my email size. smiley - biggrin
... smiley - rose Marion smiley - rose

WebTV Problem

Post 30

ROCKPOOLS-N-AUTOTOOLS

I have been sent a picture to put on my personal space but with being on Smelly west i can`t cut and paste it is there any way i can get it put on the top of my introduction on my personal space???

WebTV Problem

Post 31

Researcher 178815

You have to bite the bullet and type it by hand smiley - sadface Don't fret, it was how I learnt to code - Having to hand-write and then type it smiley - smileysmiley - erm

Basically all you need is the Blob number* of the image, and then remember this coding:

The The extra bracket is just there to be all neat and tidy and make the computer thingy know what to do and where the code is going smiley - smiley

After this, you can put a caption, which will appear underneath it.

Followed by the

thingy..
all this does is close it (remember the slash as being slightly "closed" - When a tag is closed it is DONE AWAY WITH FOREVER! smiley - smiley and the computer or tv knows that it can move on with showing the rest of the page smiley - smiley

so thats..

smiley - smiley

4. Your own text for a caption smiley - smiley

5. smiley - smiley

which looks like:

this is a picture of a duckie
smiley - oksmiley - smiley

You can pick up lots of pictures from the Picture gallery which I think is at C809smiley - smiley If you remember that code I just taught you, all you need to note down from the text box my the side of the piccie you want is the "BLOB-NUMBER" which looks like this: B123456 smiley - smiley

I hope this has helped you smiley - smiley

If it hasn't, tell me - I tend to confuzzle *myself* sometimes! smiley - erm

- aka

WebTV Problem

Post 32

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

hi..those nice people..(laugh).. at TW have upgraded my system..i am now unable to use conversation link..1 of the links i have on my space..the others are still working..i asked a friend who does not have the upgrade to test it..it worked for him..the only difference i can see..is other links start with..LINK H2G2..&..end with../LINK..can popupconversations be 'linked' this way..soon all TW digiboxes will be upgraded..so this will affect more people..&..2 small points..my nickname is emmily..not emilly..&..switching off & on at mains didn't work..alex still can't log on..we've given up on that..smiley - smiley

emmily
smiley - rose

WebTV Problem

Post 33

kow

Hi akasmiley - smiley
I'm a Telewest user and have noticed the forbidden access list has now gone, so we can access the web againsmiley - biggrin
Anyway, onto my problem.smiley - smiley
I find I have to write links for anywhere I want to go, I wondered if there was a way to have a url box(where you just have to type in the address), and it would take you theresmiley - headhurts

Sorry for any mistakes but I can't see the textsmiley - flustered

WebTV Problem

Post 34

kow

Oh, and how about a LD badge for our spacessmiley - cool

WebTV Problem

Post 35

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

PINKLADY..hi marion..when u get the dreaded TW 'upgrade'!!!..this won't be a problem..u can see all ur text as u type it..smiley - smiley

smiley - rose

WebTV Problem

Post 36

kow

Who's Marion?(looks over shoulder for Marion)

I have the 'upgrade' all ready, if you can call it that...at least the volume button works nowsmiley - smiley

I know how to write links, but it's a bit of a hassle if you want a decent surf, especially with Telewest's track record for booting and crashing.smiley - headhurts

I wondered if all the bright researchers on h2g2,
especially the ones who have used Telewest, knew of any solutions to make our misery lessensmiley - smiley

I don't sound too desperate do I<?>
:D

WebTV Problem

Post 37

lost in space

hi iwas wondering if you could help me get pictures on my spaceim on cable

WebTV Problem

Post 38

perfect man- man of perfection who does everything right

since being upgraded the thing is worse than ever,sometimes my curser just goes jumping about as if it has a mond of its own,evry time i press ok button this wee box appears saying please wait loading data,i think the things been downgraded instead of up graded.

WebTV Problem

Post 39

<MAC>

im with telewest m8
can i access the internet?
[email protected]
CHEERS

WebTV Problem

Post 40

Dave Lister

I am using the telewest Di2000t set top box to access h2g2 through email....is it possible to actually surf the net with this set up...i noticed that there is an ethernet connection on the box could you explain this to me....if there is any 'cracking' way of getting free web access i'd love to hear it.

My email add is [email protected] if you
want to send direct...Cheers

Key: Complain about this post