A Conversation for VIPER: A Free-Roam RPG

Operation: Endgame

Post 1

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

The gunship skimmed low over the harsh, barren world. VIPER scouts had confirmed it. This was the hiding place of the JACKAL. The VIPERS sat in the crew compartment, waiting for the moment there mission would begin...

[Fester] Alright! Everyone, Sound Off!

Post 2

Kran The Ugly

*raises a short but deadly loking sword* Im in

Post 3

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marhsal] Marshal reporting!
*Fester nods.*
[Fester] Everyone! Listen up! You each have your drop sites! Marshal, Kran, you're up after me. Drop in and head for the main gates. Everyone else won't be far off, but I don't want to take risks... They'll be going straight into the complex, just inside the courtyard. Vivat Venetato!
*Fester leaps out. A minute later, Marshal disappears out of the craft. Kran moves closer to the Door. Kron nods at him.*
[Kron] Don't look down.

Post 4

Kran The Ugly

*nods and steps out*

Post 5

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Marshal found Fester standing at the entrance of the ruins. At least, it was, but the doors, walls and arch have long sinse collapsed or been blown down by some forgotten war. Kran stands up from where he landed, and follows Fester's gaze. There are stones that once made up the arch lying here. The words that were inscribed on them are still visible...
"Viva Venerato, Caedo Furtim."
The motto of the VIPERs.*
[Fester] long time, Marshal.
[Marshal] Indeed, but I was just a boy then...
*Fester walks into the main courtyard. By the main door of the central shrine building are four large marble slabs. All but one have fallen.*
[Fester] "Drakemaster". VIPER. Honours: 15 Citations, 7 Medals of Heroes, 2 Imperial Laurells.
"Raven". VIPER. Psyker. Honours: 45 Citations, 20 Medals of Heroes, 1 Macharius Cross, 3 Medals of the Widowmaker.
"Julian Grey". VIPER. Hnours: 26 Citations, 9 Medals of Heroes, 17 Commendments of Advancement for achievements in Medicinal and Biochemical fields. 1 Medal of Malleus.
*Fester chuckles to himself. He looks around a little more, then turns to the others.*
[Fester] We will remain here until the others arrive.

Post 6

Kran The Ugly

*starts to look round the ruins*

Is this an old VIPER base?

Post 7

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] /The/ VIPER base. This is where we lived, before the rebellion... I was young, about ten years old, when it happened. We lost many good men and women here. Many friends...

Post 8

Kran The Ugly

what happend?

Post 9

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

The Black Widow. He was jealous of the Widowmaker, the greatest VIPER in history. He encouraged others to join him, and formed JACKAL. We took the Temple and fled, it was rigged to be able to separate and fly away if danger threatened. In fact, it was once an orbital colony of some kind, but it was landed after the Widowmaker killed everyone on board following their rebellion from the Imperium. Over the next 1,000 years, he formed us into what we are now, VIPER. He lived an unnaturally long life, over 1,000 years, and his death was a great loss to us all... My room was in the main building, second floor, overlooking the Ouroboros Plaza. I shared it with a girl named Lilith, but she was killed in the Rebellion.
*Marshal stands, looking at the plaque that Fester had looked at.*
[Marshal] Julian Grey...
[Fester] ...
[Marshal] You miss him, Fester?
*Fester nods*
[Fester] He was... gifted... but he is gone now, never to return...

Post 10

Kran The Ugly

Well, while we wait for the others i might as well do something constructive. Just howler ifyou need me.
*sits down and begins to meditate*

Post 11

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*Kron approaches from inside the building.*
[Kron] Greetings, sir. I seem to have missed my LZ, but I'm pleased to say that the Inside of the Shrine is secure. We should advance.
*The VIPERs moved deeper into the base. They advance slowly, checking every room, every corridor, every secret passage revealed by structural damage...*

Post 12

Kran The Ugly

*walks along behind the others, sword held ready in one hand with a pistol in the other*

Post 13

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*The group reach a central chamber. It was once a large plaza, with a glass skylight above. The room wass three stories high, though much is collapsed, and only a few pieces of the third story remain. Kron walks into the centre of the plaza, along with Fester and Marshal. A circular mosaic covers the floor, with a snake eating his tail being the main motif.
BLAMM!! A gunshot rings out, punching through Kron's neck and exiting through his chest. He cries out, and collapses. Marshal /moves/ to cover, disappearing from view. Fester sprints for an old office, diving through the door just before a second shot would have taken his head off. Kron looks up at him.*
[Kron] Julian? Julian? Are you there... Can you...
[Fester] I hear you, Kron.
[Kron] I'm... glad. Glad you're safe, my friend. Goodbye, Julian...
*His head falls back, and he dies.*

Post 14

RYU

"hey guys ...... ARE YOU READY TO ROCK "

Post 15

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Marshal] RYU! GET DOWN!! There's a sniper! Stay in cover! Don't make yoursel-
*A sniper round punches through the wall where Marshal was hiding. His head disappears from view, and doesn't come up again.*
[Fester] *From somewhere unseen.* Ryu, stay calm. I don't think Marshal was hit... Try to find the sniper, but remember he may have a partner or two...

Post 16

RYU

" o.k but i cannot see anything " He cautiously creaps around the corner and pulls out one of his MP5's " marshall where are you , can you see the sniper "

Post 17

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

*There is a "pft" of a silenced shot, a crack of bullet hitting bone, and a sniper topples from a second story doorway.*
[Marshal] That's one, but he couldn't have shot Kron, there's not third story on that section...

Post 18

Kran The Ugly

i saw movment on part of the third floor up to the right, people might want to try blowing that bit down.....

Post 19

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Fester] Leave it to me...
*Fester fires a Hi-Exp. round at the thin piece of floor. In a brutal detonation, the floor gives way, and the sniper plummets to his death. Fester crosses to Kron, and kneels beside him. He reaches forward, and closes Kron's eyes.*
[Fester] Caedo Venerato, my friend...

Post 20

RYU

ryu lets rip with his mp5's tking out the rest of the floors
"are you ok Kron

Key: Complain about this post