This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

Removed

Post 1

Beatrice

This post has been removed.

Spread the word!

Post 2

Icy North

I share your sentiment, Beatrice, but it's actually breaking h2g2 house rules to post links to commercial sites (including charities).

Spread the word!

Post 3

Beatrice

Apologies, I'll yikes it now.

Spread the word!

Post 4

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Yes, a post of mine got slapped hard because someone thought an Association was a for-profit thing. Then upheld it because they said it was "off-topic" (no mentions of Lightfoot or rhino hunting) and finally was considered to be soliciting personal details and e-mails. Neither of which are apparently allowed any more

Spread the word!

Post 5

Icy North

Just post enough information for people to find it without actually linking explicitly.

Spread the word!

Post 6

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - rofl

Spread the word!

Post 7

Beatrice

Oooh, that's a cool idea!

Right, if you google oxfam trailtrekker ireland, and search for the team named "8 legs good" (the inference that 2 legs bad is implicit, natch) you'll be able to help us with our fundraising!

The walking team is Z, Trig, King Bomba and Malabarista, and I'm in charge of the Support Vehicle. Just reading the leaflet they've sent me, I'm supposed to provide a picnic table with parasol, and a glass of champagne when they cross the finish line! Hah!

My aim on starting this was to give you techy savvy guys a link that you could copy and paste into your various Facebook and Twitter personae, and get a bit of viral spreading happening (ewwww, where's that first aid kit?)

Spread the word!

Post 8

KB

Just on that first aid kit - forget it. Chuck 'em in the bin. We don't need them.

I have in my possession a piece of paper - well, a book - called "Irish Country Cures". Turns out everything can be cured by applying the right amount of dung to the right part of the body in the right way. smiley - wow

And I'll never suffer another migraine now that I know I just need to anoint my temples with the spit of a fasting person.

Spread the word!

Post 9

KB

But yes, all that aside, please do go to http://netbel.oxfamireland.org/netcommunity/trailtrekker2011-ni and search for "8 Legs Good!"

It's a perfectly non-commercial webpage. smiley - smiley

Removed

Post 10

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

This post has been removed.

Hidden

Post 11

smiley - laughsmiley - rofl and

Spread the word!

Post 12

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Just reinstating the Subject Title smiley - ok

Spread the word!

Post 13

ta!smiley - biggrin

Spread the word!

Post 14

Beatrice

Follow us on Twitter!

Oxfam8legs

We'll be using the hashtags 8legsgood and oxfamtrailtrekker over the weekend.

Spread the word!

Post 15

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Twitter? I heard something about that in a news report ... smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post