Post Meet - Meet........

Post 1

The Fish

Thanks everyone for coming it was great to see you all! smiley - biggrin

smiley - fish

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 2

Minister of Darkness

Hello, pleased to meet you all. I was so inspired today that I've logged on for the first time in TWO YEARS.

Matt - hope you had better luck getting home than me - I missed a connection and I'm at Ben's house now...

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 3

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

The weather was good, at least. and thortans was good as always smiley - winkeye

although now I feel as though I know reading train statrion inside and out.

smiley - winkeye

-- DoctorMO --

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 4

GreyDesk

I got back about 10 minutes ago. ie about 3am.

I had a great time. Thanks for organising it, and thanks to Uncle Heavy for providing the entertainment smiley - laugh

* opnes next beer and settles in for the night *

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 5

Chris Tonks

Oh... I'll never get to see UH completely drunk! smiley - wah
smiley - winkeye

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 6

shrinkwrapped

Don't worry Minister, I know he got back as far as Basingstoke okay, and then he got straight on a train to Southamption.

And it was good to see everyone!

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 7

Researcher 188007

A most amusing day. Having carried on drinking at a party till way past midnight, I'm ridicuously hungover today...

..and can't string more than two sentences together. Probably best if I come back tomoorw. But cheers everyone, it was great meeting you all.

Jack (in need of vinegar and brown paper) Naples

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 8

Bald Bloke

Another good one, to put in the memory bank smiley - smiley

Sounds like UH succeded in maintaining his usual standard despite financial limitations, but we still need to get him converted to real ale smiley - biggrin

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 9

GreyDesk

Weel we've got Unc onto Belgian beer, so half that battle is won. Trouble is he still sups it like it were Ribena, with devastating consequences smiley - laugh

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 10

Pastey

Well, I did get him drinking a bottle of Delerium Tremens smiley - winkeye

Great fun wasn't it? Now, to try and actually get a hangover this time...

Oh, by the way, we seem to have taken a whopping 51 photos yesterday, some really dreadful ones actuallysmiley - winkeye Expect to see them online somewhere near you soon...

smiley - rose

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 11

Munchkin

Glad to here Unc;e Heavy got back safe, after I abandoned him on the platform to rush off and get my own train. I have afew decent photos which I will stick up when I get the enthusiasm. Today is a bit slow for all that sort of thing. smiley - winkeye
smiley - cheers to Fish for organising.

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 12

The Fish

Only 51... smiley - winkeye

There are about 80 on my camera... smiley - bigeyes

Althought it may take a while for them all to upload... smiley - smiley
smiley - fish

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 13

The Fish

GWL... I think you left a John Lee Hooker Album in the pub...

F83968?thread=183291&latest=1
smiley - fish

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 14

Uncle Heavy [sic]

mmm...dug the meet. nice to meet you all.

had a pounding bastardo hangover today. but thats ok, i survived.

i liked foreign lagers already actually smiley - tongueout

it was cos i mixed my drinks, see? no, really!

at reading station i crawled over to the edge and was messily sick. i lay there face down for 25 minutes

then a guy picked me up and put me on the train. really good of him. then i was sick some more in a smelly toilet. then the guy helped me find my next train and i was sick more. then i got home. did you want to know that? :-p

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 15

GreyDesk

*sniggers*

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 16

The Fish

Well at least you got back ok then... smiley - winkeye

I thought Munchkin was going to put you on a train? smiley - erm
smiley - fish

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 17

Uncle Heavy [sic]

he did. but he had to leave to get his before mine got in

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 18

Pastey

You broke one of the lifts???

My photos are currently being ftp'd as we type.

smiley - rose

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 19

Pastey

here you go...

http://www.h2g2post.co.uk/reading02/

smiley - rose

Post Meet - Meet........

Post 20

The Fish

Yup...! It was great! As we were travelling through the Oracle, we were heading to the outside river bit, and so I suggested taking a lift down... So we bundled in this lift (roughly 12 of us, the lifts were designed for a maximum of 21) and started our descent. About halfway down, Jack Naples started to jump, so I followed suit, and soon almost everyone was jumping! smiley - bigeyes I then make a coment that there were probably cameras in the lift, and then everyone stopped... smiley - laugh but that was about the same time the lift stopped... we waited a few seconds, then started to wonder why the doors hadn't opened... Then the arrow on the lift led sign showed that we were on the ground floor, but also that we were going up. Which we weren't. So we started to press ALL the buttons, as you do, but to no effect. smiley - erm Then we tried pressing the "bell" button, but all that seemed to do was ring this bell on the outside of the lift... So we sat there for a little while longer, imagining we were stuck in this lift.... till I squeezed to the front and tried to open the door....
Then to my surprise this worked (with some effort) and sunlight flooded into the lift wand we were all free! smiley - biggrin If not about 8 inches above ground level..... smiley - winkeye
So I went and found an Oracle person, and told them.... Although their reaction was... "Oh......." so I left it at that and we all went out and sat by the river... smiley - smiley
smiley - cool
smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post