A Conversation for Adventures in Hairdressing

barnet fair

Post 1

urchin

i've often noticed the trend for hairdressers to name their salons using truly dreadful puns, and believe it or not discovered the guide itself searching for 'hairdressing puns' at google (making me by far the most twisted person here...). my favourite thus far is from bayswater, london where there's a hairdresser called 'crops and bobbers', but needless to say, london also has a hatful of the more common 'just a snip', 'fringe benefits', and 'a cut above' salons that apparently exist all over the planet. scary.

barnet fair

Post 2

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*falls off chair*

Well what can I say - I thought I was the only one with this obsession ...... at last a fellow spirit smiley - ok

Do you mean my little guide entry helped you find your way to this wonderful site smiley - biggrin

I've updated the entry and gave you a credit ...... what do you reckon to my two first name theory ?

barnet fair

Post 3

urchin

the 'two first name' theory is indeed sound - i discover 'michael jane', 'matthew jarvis', 'andrew jose' and 'john simon' all on the same page of the telephone book, but alas the anthony family doesn't as yet seem to have put down it's roots (pun intended) in london.

during my research i also come across another unusually named salon called 'winstons hair international'. note first that the non-apostophised name throws a syntactical spanner into the mix - one is clearly hoping for this place to be owned by someone named 'winston', but his existence cannot be verified, which is disappointing, but what is with the 'international' on the end? since hairdressing is inherently a provincial act (unless you're the barber on a long-haul flight) then what can this possibly mean? i'm tempted to make a field trip to find out...

barnet fair

Post 4

Researcher 242030

HERE'S A COUPLE FROM WOLVO AREA I FOUND AMUSING : CROWNING GLORY , GOLDIE LOCKS , HAIR AFFAIRS , HAIR IN THE SQUARE ,HAIRBENDERS , HAIRDOO'S ,HAIRLINE, KONKERS, LOCA HAIR, MAD CAPS, TRAMPS HAIR STUDIO, AND 4 THE TWO NAME THING WE GOT : OZZIE BROWN, PASTOR ANDREW, PETER RICHARD, RICHARD HARVEY, ROGER PORTER, ROYSTON BLYTHE, STEVE EDWARDS, STEVEN FREDRICKS, JAMES MARTIN, JON KEVAN, AND THE LIST GOES ON smiley - smiley.

barnet fair

Post 5

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Lovely smiley - ok

Entry updated smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more