A Conversation for "The Orchard" - the h2g2 Mac Users' Group!

Join Here!

Post 461

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Counted. smiley - biggrin

Join Here!

Post 462

PedanticBarSteward

PedanticBarSteward
Researcher Number:161894

I use PowerBook G4 and an iBook G4 - both very old but as they work perfectly I find it difficult to justify replacing either of them.

I have been using Mac since 1988 and the only problem I have ever had is that two were stolen!

Join Here!

Post 463

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

You're in, and you are U1618943... smiley - smiley

Join Here!

Post 464

clzoomer- a bit woobly

My holiday present to myself, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro with a deal on an 8 Gig iPod Touch. My kidlets get the old MacBook and iPod for their gifts.

The Touch is amazing! With a touch I can *steal* a WiFi signal and check the weather, my email, use Safari (sort of wish it was Firefox) and then access a movie, look at my pics and listen to music. Love it.

Join Here!

Post 465

smiley - cool

Join Here!

Post 466

flyingfireballxl5

what are we joining
1354899smiley - biggrinsmiley - ok

Join Here!

Post 467

Whatever it is, you just joined. smiley - tongueout

smiley - laugh

Join Here!

Post 468

Rod Hagen

Ooh! It is still here! (found myself back here while researching the origins of the Potata Crisp!)

Cheers

Rod

Join Here!

Post 469

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Their origins are potatoes...

smiley - run

Join Here!

Post 470

smiley - droolsmiley - crisps

Join Here!

Post 471

Helleborus a.k.a. Nigel

Just came across this Mac club and would like to join please smiley - smiley. I have a 24 inch iMac and enjoy every minute I spend on it!

Name: Helleborus a.k.a. Nigel

Researcher Number: 13922652

Thank you.

Nigel smiley - footprints

Join Here!

Post 472

smiley - ok

Join Here!

Post 473

Orcus

Oh go on, you'd better add me.

I now own a 2.26 GHz Macbook and now a 2.53 GHz Mac Mini.
Plus and iPhone.

And I read today that Apple have overtaken Microsoft for market capitalisation. Wow. Not such a minority these days then.

Join Here!

Post 474

smiley - ok

Join Here!

Post 475

Tumsup

How do I copy more than one thing at a time? Is there some way of smiley - applec #1 then smiley - applec#2 etc..., then paste them separately or together?

Join Here!

Post 476

I haven't tried it myself, but this looks like what you need: http://www.websurfshack.net/2008/12/multiple-copy-and-paste-in-os-x/

Join Here!

Post 477

Aargh. smiley - blush That link is out of date; the application is no longer free. smiley - blue

Here's a couple more that are cheap/free. Again, I haven't used them myself... smiley - geek

http://techpatio.com/2009/apple/mac/pthpasteboard-alternatives-snow-leopard-clipboard-evolved-jumpcut

Join Here!

Post 478

Nick Pettefar

Nick
Brussels
Mac Mini 2.53 Black MacBook 2.2 iBook 13" 1.33

Can we get to the core?

Join Here!

Post 479

Hi, Nick. There may be a very slight delay before I can add you to the roll... (I'm having account problems)

If you don't see your name added in the next couple of days, can you bump this thread to remind me, please? smiley - grovel

Join Here!

Post 480

Icy North

Ooh, I've just received a Mac Book Air at work, so I'm now a Mac User. Can I join? smiley - smiley

I like it a lot - in fact, you could call me a Mac Book Airhead.

Key: Complain about this post

Join Here!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more