This is the Message Centre for H2G2 Book Group

Suggestions

Post 41

beanfoto

I always confuse Gravity's Rainbow with Foucault Pendulum.
Have just watched The Name of the Rose. The casting Director's imagination is more literal than mine.

Suggestions

Post 42

the Shee

I'm sorry; I haven't read the backlog. Some of these may be repeats, for all I know...

+ something by playwright Eugene O'Neill
+ something by Pirsig; ie Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (or: Lila: An Inquiry Into Values)
+ The Selfish Gene by Dawkins
+ something by a Beat Generation artist

smiley - smiley
Shee

Suggestions

Post 43

the Shee

I'm sorry; I haven't read the backlog. Some of these may be repeats, for all I know...

+ something by playwright Eugene O'Neill
+ something by Pirsig; ie Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (or: Lila: An Inquiry Into Values)
+ The Selfish Gene by Dawkins
+ something by a Beat Generation artist

smiley - smiley
Shee

Suggestions

Post 44

the Shee

Well, that certainly was repeated... smiley - blush 'Scuse me, please; I didn't even push the post message button twice... smiley - erm

Suggestions

Post 45

beanfoto

It's that Eco ( Umberto ) again!

Suggestions

Post 46

Researcher 179388

Dropped by to see what April's book is and no suggestions!

I've just started reading 'Northern Lights' by Phillip Pulman which Lil's Atelier have been reading too.

A travel book might be of more general interest, anyone venturing off to some exotic place we could read about?

Suggestions

Post 47

Researcher 177704

'northern lights' is a book that i've been planning to read for a long time. i've heard that it's very good.

smiley - rocket

Suggestions

Post 48

Madent

April's book is No Logo. The book is so big and detailed that we decided to read it over March and April.

Suggestions

Post 49

Researcher 177704

ah yes, i remember now.

smiley - rocket

Suggestions

Post 50

Researcher 179388

Fair enough! I dropped out of that one and will check again next month.

Suggestions

Post 51

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I just picked up a book that might appeal to those of you here. It's called The Bondwoman's Narrative by Hannah Crafts and edited by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. It's the story of a house slave who lived in the 1850s. I heard about it on NPR while I was going to the hardware store. I decided to go buy it after listening to the editor on the program. It is a very new release, but it looks interesting.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for H2G2 Book Group

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more