Brilliant

Post 3

DJ_Bear

I'm now in danger of never being able to look at a slice of cake the same way
smiley - ermsmiley - cakesmiley - biggrin

Brilliant

Post 4

benjaminpmoore

Hey Icy, great entry and I don't often get no further than the fp before I feel compelled to read, so well done indeed.

Brilliant

Post 5

Icy North

Thanks Ben smiley - ok

If anyone manages to try these out at home, then let me know! smiley - cake

smiley - cheers Icy

Brilliant

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I still say:

Cut into 6 and Mum gets the last piece smiley - tongueincheek

Brilliant

Post 7

Gavin

Great entry, reminds me of my big sister.

When she had only two kids, she used the "one cuts and the other chooses", but things got messy (:> when she had a third.

I was thinking you could do a "one cuts" and the other two "chose or decline", if both decline the first cutter gets their slice and you use "one cuts and the other chooses" with the remainder. But if both chose the first cut you have a drama about how to proceed, although I think the entry has this covered (B reduces the size of the first piece until B or C says stop, at which point whoever didn't say stop decides whether to take the first piece or give it to the other).

smiley - run

Brilliant

Post 8

Icy North

Hi gavin - long time no see smiley - smiley

Yes, your big sister's cake-dividing experiences have elements from most of the methods I describe.

Where two children prefer the same slice, then you could always apply Barbanel's controlled shrinkage method. smiley - cake

smiley - cheers Icy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more