This is the Message Centre for Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Boomerang wandering...

Post 1

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

I'm back! After a long, hard and painful journey through my own personal long dark tea-time of the soul, I have returned!

So... how did I go from depressed and lonely to returning to H2G2 with a smile on my face and a new pointy stick? Now that's a story...

...most of which we'll skip, as it involves a lot of sleeping, eating, visiting the toilet and other really, really boring stuff that nobody is interested in. Suffice to say, it all comes together in San Fancisco.

That place is mad.

Seriously, it's the world's mental asylum. The only way they can stop people tearing each other limb from limb is by pumping an almost tangible sense of froodiness into the city via its daily morning fog. After a few days, you can't help but sit back, relax, and enjoy the cooling sensation of your own brain dribbling out of your ears... magic.

So I'd taken a roundabout route into SF from LA, via Santa Barbera. It was there I found a bookstore, and upon a shelf, I saw the magic words...

"MOSTLY HARMLESS"

Joy! The fifth Hitchhiker book! I bought it, read it and then...

...felt empty. It had failed to fill me with the near wordless joy that the others had, and I felt sad about that. Maybe it was because it was the end, and that there would never be another Hitchhiker book.

So there I was, in San Fran, thinking about this, and then it hit me.

After I picked myself up, and gave the finger to the psychopathic cyclist, I realised that Hitchhiker WASN'T over! It was still alive, still there, and still avaiable for all to enjoy and love! I could be my own Ford Prefect, and live the dream! Visit exotic places, eat exotic foods, meet exotic people... and then dump the bill on someone else. Thank god for parents!

So here I am, towel in one hand, Railgun in the other. Wargamer's back, and better than ever!

...want a write up?

Boomerang wandering...

Post 2

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

So, San Fran. Have you seen City Lights, Alcatraz, and partaken of the denser and more fragrent fogs available there?

Boomerang wandering...

Post 3

Mystrunner

Welcome back! I'm thinking of coming back, as well! smiley - winkeye

Boomerang wandering...

Post 4

Researcher 185550

Glad to see you again smiley - smiley

Boomerang wandering...

Post 5

Floh Fortuneswell

It's great to have you back!
smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wargamer (The Wanderer)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more