A Conversation for 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' - the Film

It wasn't that good

Post 1

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

They didn't stay true to the books. They missed out loads of things that are important to the plot like...
...I will continue this when I have a little more time. *bookmarks*

i didn't like it

Post 2

Asphyxia Trent

I didnt like it. Not because it wasn't rue to the books, badly cast, or any of the other myriad reasons all my friends have been slating the film for weeks for. I just thought that, as a film, it fell flat...

It wasn't that good

Post 3

Mippy Mouse

I uite enjoyed it but I think that it was very flat as a film. Though I liked Alan Rickman immensly, I also like the boy playing Ron better than Daniel Radcliffe because I thought he was cheekier and reminded me of my friends little brother. Gosh what a long sentence! smiley - puff

It wasn't that good

Post 4

thankyou for making a simple door very happy

Let's face it people. The only thing good about the film was the plot by Rowling which it was loosely based around. It fell flat, because it was humorous, badly directed, and because the boy who played Harry was a weed.

Sorry to spell it out for you. By the way, the h2g2 description of the film is unfair to complain about Rowling's capacity to create names - I think hers are better than Tolkein's. I mean, if I had a choice to be called either Bilbo or Harry, I know which one I'd choose.

It wasn't that good

Post 5

irish_koski

I agree...there was something missing, I also had a "flat" feeling after the movie, although I thought it perfectly pleasant. I think the difference is that the book could engage somebody of any age, while the film was very much a kid's film, with lots of open-mouthed shocked looks rather than acting from the young main characters.

It wasn't that good

Post 6

IMHO the major problem with it was the casting of Harry. Nuff said.

It annoyed me!!

Post 7

emma239

How people can say how much of a wonderful film it was and not feel like shooting themselves because of the guilt perplexes me. I'm traditionally a very laid back person, but anger siezed through me watching that film, that is several hours of my life i'll never get back. I actually like the books, and almost never read them because i saw the film first and was disgusted that it did well in cinemas.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more