only british citizens?

Who can do it?

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Yes, sorry.

Who can do it?

Post 3

Sierra Indigo - now Cheesecakethulhu flavoured

I thiiiiiink peoples from the colonies may be able to do it. Maybe. Coz I know a couple of people over here who've gotten the letter/card thingy from the Queen. Or something.

Who can do it?

Post 4

il viaggiatore

how about former colonies?

Who can do it?

Post 5

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

Well the Queen is still the Head of State of Australia so I guess there must be a process ...... but I'll have to wait 58 years for my birthday and 55 years for my wedding anniversary cards smiley - sadface

Who can do it?

Post 6

Maybe it should say in the entry that it generally only applies to Poms.

Who can do it?

Post 7

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

I think it would be better if it said "Colonials need not apply" smiley - winkeye

Who can do it?

Post 8

smiley - erm But colonials can apply probably, just not complete randoms.

Who can do it?

Post 9

The Apprentice

You can apply for a message from Her Majesty as a citizen of any of the following realms or UK Overseas Territories:

Realms:
Antigua and Barbuda; Australia; Bahamas; Barbados; Belize; Canada; Grenada; Jamaica; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea; Solomon Islands; St. Christopher and Nevis; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and the Grenadines; Tuvalu; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

UK Overseas Territories: Anguilla; Bermuda; British Antarctic Territory; British Indian Ocean Territory; British Virgin Islands; Cayman Islands; Falkland Islands; Gibraltar; Montserrat; Pitcairn Group of Islands; St. Helena and its dependencies; South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands; Sovereign Base Areas of Cyprus (air bases); Turks and Caicos Islands

smiley - cheers

The Apprentice

Who can do it?

Post 10

smiley - laugh Oh, Australia is on the list! smiley - cheers

Who can do it?

Post 11

Phoenician Trader

Bods from Oz apply to the Govenor of the State in which they reside.

These are the rules for South Australia.

http://www.governor.sa.gov.au/index.php?m=congratulatory-messages

Here are the rules for the Commonwealth

http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/anniversary/index.cfm

smiley - lighthouse

Who can do it?

Post 12

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Nice article, Galaxy Babe. smiley - ok

My parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary last year, and have their 70th coming up. As far as I know, no one of any great authority sent them a nice card. The catch is that they're Americans. 140 years ago, in San Francisco, there was a guy who called himself the Emperor of the United States. He was clearly crazy, but it might have been a nice touch to continue the tradition as a pure entertainment. Imagine getting a nice birthday or anniversary card from him. smiley - smiley

(I think the U.S, President sends you a card when you turn 100, but I don't think anniversaries are on the menu)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Organising a Congratulations Card from the UK Sovereign

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more