Recession

Post 21

Websailor

Too much "me,me,me" if you ask me smiley - laugh

Websailor smiley - dragon

Recession

Post 22

NPY

Yeah. Heard once that Bill Gates could single-handedly pay off the debt of several third-world countries and still be worth a fortune. Scary amounts of money he must be getting then.

So true that footballers and people like that really aren't brilliant role models. They can inspire people into their field, but the personal life stuff could be better. Can't be good that so many of them seem to go from girl to girl, or get caught drink-driving, or whatever.

Recession

Post 23

Kaz

yeah.

I heard that about Bill Gates too, also, and maybe this was in the same article, that Microsoft has the same amount of money as some small countries? I think that's pretty shocking.

Recession

Post 24

NPY

So scary. And you don't even need to look to Africa either. The number of people in the US or other "western" countries who are living on the streets or who are bearly earning enough to keep them feed is scary.

Recession

Post 25

Asmodai Dark (The Eternal Builder, servant of Howard, Crom, and Beans)

Wow, the only thing Ive seen in 6 months that makes me want to post on hootoo.. how strange

There's a theory that came out around desert storm about this very fact - that if the press didnt tell us 'theres a war on' would we know. Kinda has the same vibe as 'were in a recession... no we are... no we are... oh hell we are arent we!'

Recession

Post 26

Kaz

interesting

Recession

Post 27

NPY

Sounds like I've not come up with a new theory then....

Just think how much house privces have risen over the past 10 years or so. Wasn't that long ago that some housesd were going for only a few thousand, where now the most basic council house is £150 thousand. There's been a tiny blip back down and everyone's screaming, even though they're stil 100 times higher than what they were not that long ago. Silly really.

Recession

Post 28

Kaz

yeah

Recession

Post 29

NPY

Short and sweet.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for NPY

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more