A Conversation for Toblerone

Peer Review: A58952 - Toblerone

Post 1

Initech_guy

Entry: Toblerone - A58952
Author: outsider - U37795

Hey I wrote this 5 years ago so that in itself makes this a cool entry right?

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 2

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Hi Outsider,

I have never liked toblerones, although I always wished I did as everybody has them at Christmas smiley - winkeye

For an entry to be considered for the Edited Guide it has to meet the <./>writing-guidelines</.>

In its current form unfortunately yours doesn't.

A571727 Smarties is a good example of an entry on confectionary smiley - ok

It is available via the <./>search</.> engine for everyone to see anyway, but if you did want it go in the EG then you could do some work on it and resubmit it as there currently isn't an entry on Toblerone.

To remove the entry from peer review, go to the PR listing and click on the X or 'remove' next to your entry smiley - ok

smiley - cheers

Mort

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 3

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Notwithstandg Mort's comments, I have been forced to watch the 'Chicken Run' video umpteen times as my two year old grandson has a fetish about it.

I love the bit where they pull a packet of toblerones away from the wheels of 'The Old Crate' and say "Chocs Away".

(Do they have to pay the manufacturers of Toblerone a royalty for this, do you suppose?)

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 4

Skankyrich [?]

Can't add too much to what Mort said, except....

Love of Toblerones runs in the family, and none of us have ever noticed the letters on them! So you have revolutionised our enjoyment of the sickly sweet yet curiously addictive snack. That in itself deserves smiley - applause !!

Off to buy one later to check that it's true.... I hope you do extend and embellish it, good luck!

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 5

Pimms

Did you die outsider? Notwithstanding your feelings of mortality I can reassure you that people *can* survive past thirty.

Are you prepared to extend this entry? Mort's points are reasonable, (smiley - erm though I don't know of any Toblerone-related games, to compare with that Smarties entry)

Incidentally the letters on the edge of the 'mountains' spell T O B L E R O N E, not A, B, C etc.

A quick search on Google will provide masses of info to pass on to chocoholic researchers about this honey/nougat chocolate created by Theodor Tobler

Pimms smiley - choc
I always found the honey nougat got stuck to my teeth smiley - biggrin

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 6

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

anybody alive ?

Any chance of flea marketing this if it isn't being worked on ?

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 7

Author officially elvised now and gave no response to comments in PR thread. So move seconded.

I would be tempted to send it back to entry though, as there is not much in the entry. Someone might be better starting from scratch if they wanted to write abiout Toblerones.

What do you think?

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 8

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

fine by me

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 9

GreyDesk

Back to entry smiley - ok

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 10

Okey dokey - adding to the list smiley - ok

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 11

Initech_guy

Hey folks, I'm back yet again - had another long hiatus away. Sorry for the non-replies and silence smiley - sadface

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Outsider! So do you want to persevere and make some changes to this entry as suggested?

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 13

Initech_guy

Sure thing, I'd love to do that. Would be cool to have my first official entry after a short 6 years of membership.

Erm..is there going to be a deadline on this?

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 14

Gnomon - time to move on

As long as you come back here every couple of months and mumble something about still working on it, this can stay here as long as you like.smiley - smiley

But it would be nice if you had it finished by tomorrow lunchtime.

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 15

AlexAshman

It would be nice to see a thorough entry on this most unusual form of smiley - choc, and so I'd like to add that it is well worth the effort to get to see your entry make the front page. smiley - smiley

http://www.toblerone.com/ may help.

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 16

Initech_guy

Thanks for the encouragement!

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 17

AlexAshman

smiley - biggrinsmiley - ok

A58952 - Toblerone

Post 18

Pimms

You will note that this has been bumped out of Peer Review following the long hiatus. Feel free to submit it again when you think it has been brought up to EG standard (ie complies with Writing-Guidelines such as 'thoroughly researched'), and you will be able to respond to any comments made within a month.

Pimms smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post