This is the Message Centre for Evangeline

Glitch or returned?

Post 1

Evangeline

I know there is a glitch with the online list. The glitch does not bother me. I just have this feeling that one of these days I will end up ignoring the return of someone because I took it as just the glitch in the online list.

Glitch or returned?

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The last time I checked the "who's online list," we had a Republican president but it wasn't Trump. smiley - smiley

Glitch or returned?

Post 3

Evangeline

smiley - laugh

The online list self refreshes. I usually open it and leave it open when I am online anywhere. This laptop pc has a widescreen so having that and other windows open is not a problem. The self refreshing keeps the laptop from going into sleep mode if I do something else for a bit.

From what I can tell, any user page being accessed puts the writer in the online list. I think it's wider than that like maybe the people on the writer's friends list as well or those whose list the writer is on, because there are clusters of 'gone researchers' who were friends with each other that appear at the same time. Rat, Theory, AW and Candi is one of those clusters.

Glitch or returned?

Post 4

Evangeline

I hit post, checked the list. Rat's name was not there when I started that post.

Glitch or returned?

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I sometimes wonder what happened to Rat, Theory, and Avenging Washcloth. smiley - bigeyes The latter two were friends of Lady Scott.

Glitch or returned?

Post 6

Evangeline

Candi found me on Twitter. She and Rat have met in person. AW had a lot to do in RL. I talked to Theory here, but I never had an email for him, so no idea where he is now.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Evangeline

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more