This is the Message Centre for Evangeline

Is he alive or is he dead?

Post 21

Evangeline

Well, he kept busy which is good. smiley - smiley

My dad's youngest brother is 80. He never stops moving. Still going to LSU games.

Still travels to Alabama to visit family.

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I've known some very active octogenarians. smiley - smiley

Post 23

Evangeline

I have met some of those too.

A friend's mother was 88 the last time I saw her in 2016. Still getting around, slower. Went grocery shopping every week. Still cooked. Her sleeping habits were erratic. She still read and kept up with current events. She did not drive because of cataracts.

Post 24

Golfers with cataracts are hard-pressed to putt, let alone drive.

Sorry, that was a whimsical non sequitur. smiley - blush

Post 25

Evangeline

Did I tell you about the slippers in the field by the store?

I have run across a Beatles Colouring book and a Lennon Mc Cartney coloring book.

Post 26

Id the girl with kaleidosope eyes featured in them? smiley - smiley

Post 27

Evangeline

Maybe. There is a Yellow Submarine book and another version in the adult coloring book set.

Post 28

I no longer sing "When I'm 64," as I passed that milestone some years ago. I now sing it as "When I'm 94" smiley - tongueout

Post 29

Evangeline

One of our co workers would say 'you're only as old as you feel, unfortunately I feel much older, today'.

Post 30

When I went to the Pool the other day, the lifegaard asked me not to swim in the lanes at the right and left edges so the elderly swimmers could swim there. I thought it was rather flattering to not be thought of as old. smiley - smiley

Post 31

Evangeline

I understand.

I'd complain about creaky bones and pains due to aging. Truth is, that's nothing new.

Ed, is one of the most sarcastic people I've met. He was told to avoid caffeine for his health. His reply was 'you should thank me drinking this smiley - coffee, it will wreck my health, but y'all will be safer.'

Post 32

One of my coffee mugs bears the message "I drink coffee for your safety." smiley - smiley

The latest round of coffee studies finds that you may gain up to ten years of life by drinking it. Well, even if you don't you life may *seem* ten years longer. smiley - winkeye

Post 33

Evangeline

If you drink enough smiley - coffee, you could squeeze in ten extra years of activity.

I know someone who has asmiley - coffee mug that reads:

----SHH!

----Not Yet!

----Almost

---You may speak

And, she fully means that.

Post 34

I don't go to extremes, though. Some studies suggest that the maximum benefit comes to those who drink four cups of smiley - coffee a day. That is about twice as much as I drink, though today I had three.

Post 35

Evangeline

I drink about 16 ozs. in a metal travel mug. Which is a little under 3 standard 6oz. coffee cups, not the ten oz mugs.

https://www.communitycoffee.com/

Post 36

People who prefer not to drink coffee can get some health benefits from drinking tea. Chacun a son gout!smiley - ok

Post 37

Evangeline

I drink either coffee or tea hot. I will drink herbal tea, hot or iced. I will not drink iced coffee. Tried it once, didn't like it.

Or, in the words of Grumpy smiley - cat I hated it. smiley - sadface

Post 38

It has to be 95 degrees or more before I will touch iced coffee. As for herbal tea, I adore wild blackcurrant tea. I drink it every morning.

Post 39

Evangeline

I like mint teas, citrus teas and berry teas. I will drink medicinal teas if needed. Traditional Medicinal teas had throat coat, and others for colds, headaches, upset stomach and other ailments. I have bought peppermint in bulk, for seasoning and teas.

I can drink hot coffee black, but iced takes too much sugar to not be bitter. Dad would drink hot coffee in the summer between rounds of mowing grass. Then he took a hot shower when he was done with mowing. He said that after the shower, he felt much cooler and if he took a cold shower he would then feel warmer after.

Post 40

I bought some peppermint tea bags a few months ago, not to drink but to put in the cupboards where the mice ran rampant. I thought the tea bags would repel the mice, but no such luck. smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post