This is the Message Centre for Evangeline

TMI

Post 1

Evangeline

I just ran across an old letter that someone had asked me to make a copy of years ago.

It is a whole page long of single spaced text. It starts with:

Dearest Family and Friends, Christmas Letter 2006

And, continues with a detailed account of their year. The co worker was reading it to me as I typed. After the list of surgeries and tragedies and best wishes and all that, the co worker looked up and said ''I don't know who these people are. smiley - erm Took the copy and left.

TMI

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

When I see TMI, I think it refers to Three Mile island. smiley - laugh

TMI

Post 3

Evangeline

Too Much Information is the longhand of TMI here.

If you ever watched Night Court, there was a couple that did a few cameos. The Wheelers, I think. They had lines such as 'We lost Grandma last summer, she was hit by a train.' 'I'm so sorry.' 'Oh, we found her in the next town over.'

That is what that letter reminded me of. A laundry list of tragedies and sadness and the other three in the office were listening and kind smiley - sadface as it went on. But when the person it was addressed to said she had no idea who they were, I give everyone credit for not bursting into smiley - rofluntil she left the office.

TMI

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I liked the Wheelers. smiley - ok

Mr. Wheeler was Brent Spiner, who went on to be Data on "Star Trek the next generation. smiley - smiley

TMI

Post 5

Evangeline

I didn't realize that was Brent Spiner, even though I watched STNG.

Contrary to popular belief John Laroquette was not some new actor. Nope, he was on Baa Baa Black Sheep/Black Sheep Squadron years before that. And, several people from that show went on to other things as well including Larry Manetti, who went on to Magnum P.I.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Evangeline

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more