This is the Message Centre for Evangeline

Neighbours! Really?

Post 1

Evangeline

The first I heard of Bryan Adams was 'Straight From the Heart' in 1983.

In 1992, I saw him on the 'Waking up the Neighbors' tour in New Orleans. Still have the shirt, which has the American concert dates and places on the back, and the program which is titled 'Waking up the Neighbors 1992'. The pin from that concert was mounted on blue felt with a bunch of other pins: Foreigner (Agent Provocateur), Paul McCartney (The New World), Def Leppard etc. I just removed the pin from the felt. Never noticed before that it is 'Waking up the Neighbours' on the pin.

Saw Bryan again in 1994 because he was the opening act for the Rolling Stones' New Orleans concert. Still have that shirt too. smiley - winkeye

I have young co workers that give me the 'I'm an adult blah blah blah...'. I tell them I have shirts older than them and I mean it.

Neighbours! Really?

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

" I tell them I have shirts older than them and I mean it." [Evangeline]

I think I probably have shirts that old, too, but they probably don't fit any more. smiley - sadface

Neighbours! Really?

Post 3

Evangeline

My other comment when I get 'I'm 18 and I've been here a year so I *know what I'm doing*' is I've worked here, longer than you've been alive. Sad, but true. smiley - winkeye

To be fair, I've gotten 'you are not as old as my mother, but old enough to be my mother, so what would you advise about this...'.

Neighbours! Really?

Post 4

You think you have problems. I used to supervise women who were old enough to be my mother.smiley - headhurts

Neighbours! Really?

Post 5

Evangeline

I have had to train and supervise older men who thought they should be in charge simply because they were older and or male.

Just got back from the concert in Baton Rouge. It was a great show.

For a talented musician, who has been around this long (30 years and counting), Bryan Adams takes care of himself, stays out of the scandal press and keeps writing original stuff. But most importantly, he keeps his sense of humor.

Neighbours! Really?

Post 6

"I have had to train and supervise older men who thought they should be in charge simply because they were older and or male" [Evangeline]

That does not surprise me at all! Some older women also think they should be in charge. Maybe they should be, but things don't always work out that way.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Evangeline

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more