This is the Message Centre for Evangeline

Home!

Post 21

Evangeline

I didn't realize that it was so intentional until a couple of days ago, when I found this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/05/barlesque.html

Home!

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - laugh

Home!

Post 23

Evangeline

I guess that means all BBC sites using the DNA platform will be equally irritating to use.

Home!

Post 24

That could be a slogan that the English people could adopt: equal shares of irritation for all.smiley - smiley

Home!

Post 25

Evangeline

Why not? There's plenty enough irritation to share over here.

Home!

Post 26

I'm not even going to argue that point. smiley - smiley We have irritating tabloids at every supermarket checkout aisle, politicians who seem to have come from some other planet where logic isn't required, a television undustry that has given up on the idea that talented actors might be fun to watch onscreen (hence the "reality" shows about people are so real they're scary!), a movie industry that only wants to make sequels and adaptations, bridges and roads that take decades torepair, and on and on and on. smiley - online2long

Home!

Post 27

Evangeline

Some of those politicians have said and done things so unconceivable that I can't tell if they were lying or are really that delusional. I don't recognize most of the 'celebrities' on the magazine covers. Most of them are 'famous' because the media said they matter. They don't matter to me. I prefer talented actors, singers, musicians. Would someone please get Taylor Swift a copy of Romeo and Juliet, please? I don't think they mean to fix the roads, just fix on them as a career.

Do you think the sequels and adaptations are from lack of creativity or lack of willingness to take a chance on new writers?

Home!

Post 28

I think creativity is being hoarded at Disney and Dreamworks.

Being retired, I have more time to see movies, and it's disappointing to see the missed opportunities in many movies. They can make a "Puss in Boots" that is a joy, but a simple tweaking of "Three Musketeers" (not by Disney) wastes the talents of several actors and bends credibility past the breaking point.

Home!

Post 29

Evangeline

The list of movies I haven't seen is long enough to take a few years to catch up.

I've seen trailers for 'Puss in Boots'. Don't remember the 'Three Musketeers' re make. I downloaded that and some other books by the same author last weekend in the kindle for pc format free from gutenberg.org.

Home!

Post 30

I've never read "ThreeMusketeers." I know the names of the Musketeers were important clues in "Slumdog Millionaire." As it turns out, it must have been a trick question, as there were actually four musketeers.

Home!

Post 31

Evangeline

Athos, Porthos, and Aramis are the 'three' because they were musketeers in the beginning of the story. d'Artagnan becomes a musketeer later.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Evangeline

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more