This is the Message Centre for Evangeline

Home!

Post 1

Evangeline

Many thanks to the new owners, editors, gurus and testers for getting h2g2 back together. smiley - cheers

That was much quicker than I was expecting.
smiley - cool

Home!

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It took a couple of weeks, whih is not bad considering how much stuff was hardwired into the BBC. Bless the volunteers!

Home!

Post 3

Evangeline

Yes, they did a great job.smiley - cool I thanked the guru who transferred this account and the penguins.

Did you get your other IDs back?

Home!

Post 4

Not yet. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get Fluffy Pink Rabbit back into the site. I know how much H2G2 needs him, whether it knows it or not. smiley - winkeye

Home!

Post 5

Evangeline

Any luck retrieving FPR?

Home!

Post 6

I got lazy. We'll try tomorrow. smiley - winkeye

Home!

Post 7

Evangeline

What about Nancy? smiley - dragon

Home!

Post 8

I had forgotten Nancy.I'm thinking of letting her share FPR's PS.

Home!

Post 9

Evangeline

Was it you that had a smiley - pumpkin too?

Home!

Post 10

Not as a researcher. I would have remembered that. smiley - smiley

Home!

Post 11

Evangeline

Any idea who had an evil pumpkin ID, then?

Home!

Post 12

No

Home!

Post 13

Evangeline

Are you settling back into h2g2, well?

Home!

Post 14

Yes, very well. smiley - smiley And you?

Home!

Post 15

Evangeline

I'm settling in a bit. Glad that newest skin is gone.

I joined facebook a while back. h2g2 got two new members out of that, so far.

Home!

Post 16

Candi - now 42!

*waves*
If I hadn't been facebook friends with two researchers, from way back, I wouldn't have known about the sale of h2g2.
Oh yes, and I kept up with one researcher's blog which mentioned it...
And then got back in touch with Evangeline on Facebook, when the friendbot there mentioned her name .
smiley - towel

What was the newest skin? Was it worse than Brunel? smiley - bigeyes

Home!

Post 17

I'm drawing a complete blank on what it was called. It was kind of bluish, and had dolphins, but a lot of stuff was left out.

Home!

Post 18

Evangeline

Candi, I have two other long time h2g2 members in my facebook list and five others that are my friends, family or co workers that have joined h2g2 at some point over the years.

smiley - dontpanic
One of my friends that I've known since (ouch) 1980, read some of my stuff here, ordered a copy of the HHGTTG for her oldest son, then she joined h2g2 to answer one specific question about spreadsheets on Ask and left. In ten minutes and three fb posts I had her and her kids watching 'Doctor Who'. 'How long has this been around and why didn't I know about it before?' She asked. smiley - tardis

The new skin was called 'Barlesque'. Similar to the BBC News page, in layout. Instead of red, it was shades of medium blue, white background, blue headers, black text, so wide there were scroll bars. That's the look. The functionality or lack thereof: Didn't show some smileys, apostrophes parsed to symbols, every post showed on the front page conversations list as 'just now' whether it was a public forum or journal. The dolphins in the top banner, I liked. This was all to make h2g2 look more like every other BBC page, just in time to sell it. smiley - erm

Home!

Post 19

Candi - now 42!

*Marvin voice* Barlesque sounds awful smiley - groan

Home!

Post 20

Barlesque is what I would expect to see if a barley field ever decided to do a risque dance.

Key: Complain about this post