A Conversation for Great Vegetarian Dishes

Cheese and Peanut-Butter sandwich

Post 1

Mister Matty

Stop your yeuching Miss Knitbunny! smiley - winkeye

This is best made with brown bread, but is fine with white. Just a nice cheddar, peanut-butter (no added sugar is best) between two slices. You can grill it or fry it to if you like. Please try this and give me some feedback smiley - smiley

Post 2

knitbunny

It wasn't 'yeuching' so much as actual vomiting, if I remember rightly.

And I think it's telling that no-one seems to have tried it.smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Mister Matty

It's called "being narrow minded" and it's nice to have you back smiley - smiley

Post 4

knitbunny

It's nice to be back!smiley - biggrin

I'm actually sampling my first C+PB sandwich at this moment and it's... weird. And wrong somehow. But hey at least I didn't throw up!

Yet.
Zagreb, do you honestly eat these things, or is this some sort of joke at our expense?smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Mister Matty

I'm pleased you tried it smiley - smiley As I said, a no-suger-added organic peanut butter is best. I do eat them, I think they're lovely smiley - smiley

Post 6

Ingisim - Domestic Goddess

Excuse me for butting in, but I agree with Zagreb. The world's culinary experience would be lacking were it not for the cheese and peanut butter sandwich.

As has been mentioned, they're best with sugar-free peanut butter. I also prefer fairly strong chedder - maintains the flavour balance, I find! smiley - smiley

Post 7

knitbunny

Well, admittedly the peanut butter I tried did have added sugar so that couldn't have helped, but I still think the combination of flavours was just too weird. Not unpleasant, just bizarre.smiley - smiley

Post 8

Think of it as a raw nut roast au Gratin...or does that just make it worse???smiley - yuk

Post 9

knitbunny

smiley - hangoverNope, I'm close to vomiting again.

Post 10

If your stomach can take any more, you might try toasting the bread and melting the cheese. Really nice and wholesome on a cold winter's day.

Sorry about my previous post - that was cruel.smiley - grovel

Post 11

Mister Matty

Yay! smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post