A Conversation for .

Writers Lounge suggested links for the Library... ook!

Post 1

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
just put any links you know of that would go well in the library.... kinda like reference books.

...to any entries that help with writing for the Guide smiley - smiley and i will catalogue and "shelve" them in the Writers Library which is the entry heading up this conversation thread and the Writers Lounge thread.

thanks!

Post 2

Aximili

*Looks around*

Is there a mon...sorry. ORANG-UTAN in here?

BTW, I'm not posting a link here yet, I'm just posting to let you know I'm putting a link to this in here: A20108837 but if I do find any interesting links, I'll be sure to post them.

Hold on. What about the <./>writing-guidelines</.>. They're pretty important heresmiley - winkeye

Post 3

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
smiley - ok excellent!

whew... this is alot of work!

i should probably go to GuideML pretty soon before this gets too unwieldy smiley - biggrin

soooo..... anyone know where i can get The Librarian blob? i just know ive seen it here somewhere!
...he is an orangutang... smiley - smiley

please for more links... library is pretty sparse!

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit disabled the firefox build in service
"We have a living Spell < A1022897 > Checker here on HooToo, much better then any automated service translating your words to Hong Kong english. smiley - ok

There are annoying spell checker plug-ins for nearly every browser. We can not include frames or scripts into guide entries. "

Post 5

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
again smiley - ok excellent information!! thank you again!

not being able to put the SPELL CHECKER on here is okay... its easy to access....

ohhhh and yes i have the Spellcheckers already in my Library but it seemed they werent active.... sooooo....

i messaged em!! F121135?thread=4335758&latest=1 heh heh heh smiley - biggrin

we shall see... i sure hope some of them are still around!

Post 6

Aximili

Sorry, Fluffy. I can't find an orang-utan blob, and don't ever remember seeing one either. The gorilla on here is the best I can give you, I'm afraid...A426601

Post 7

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
ohhh nonono hehe it is an orangutang or nuthin.... oh well... le sigh... thanks for looking!

did you see the SPELL CHECK ? it works very well!! i featured it like they do in libraries smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Aximili

Maybe we could have a different Librarian? I mean, UU might be angry with us if we stole theirs. You know how good HE issmiley - winkeye I think the budgie on the pictures page looks like a likely candidate. smiley - laugh

Post 9

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
ohh the budgie can talk! i do so like saying ook ....but you can only say just so much with ook smiley - erm which however smiley - biggrin maybe is a good thing...

or a parrot? wheres the budgie lemme see the budgie smiley - run to pictures page

Post 10

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space

this one smiley - huh i like it! smiley - biggrin

very... comment dites-vous ? ahh ...apropos !

Post 11

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
smiley - cross this means i have to transpose it to GuideML

Post 12

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budgerigar budgerigar means "good eating" smiley - wow

Post 13

Aximili

I know, and I think it's a silly name, really. I keep budgies, and the ones I have are too small to eat, and even if I did eat them, there's not much meat on 'em anyway.

So the budgie's our mascot then? We need a name for him...

Also, I can give you a hand with the GuideML if you like.

Post 14

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space

hmm smiley - biker now i just have to decide if our budgie is a Young female Opaline-Cinnamon Olive Budgerigar or a Continental-Ducthpied Yellowface type - Cobalt Budgie smiley - geek

Post 15

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
him? smiley - yikes surely you meant "her" ?
course... since he is your idea... im sure he is appropriate here... specially since you have some! you have to tell me about their personalities...

oooo help with the GuideML smiley - smiley

Post 16

Aximili

Tell you about mine? OK.

Until about three weeks ago, we had Ozzie. He was your average green budgie, but his personality was anything but average. He was bold as brass, and he loved his little nibbles. We usually put a piece of bread or some veg in the cage for them, as a change from the seed and millet that is there normal diet. As soon as it was in the cage, he would trot over and eatsmiley - laugh Except for tomato. For some reason, he wouldn't eat tomato (Come to think of it, I have never known a bird to like tomatossmiley - weird) Three weeks ago, Ozzie started having epileptic fits,
so the vet had to have him put down, poor thing... Still, it was for the best. Life must go on, eh?

The latest addition to our flock is Misty, or as I know her 'my ickle baby', 'Princess' or 'Shutup, you stupid thing!' depending on how noisy she is and how much of a headache I have already. She's about a year old, sky blue with white patches on her chest that look a little like clouds. She's a shy, retiring little thing, and prefers to keep to herself. She's friendly enough when she wants to be, but most of the time she'll just sit there and watch you, though yesterday, she seems to have taken a likeing to punk rock. Just don't ask smiley - winkeye You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

What help do you need with the GuideML?

Post 17

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
sorry... was busy picking out pix for decorating the walls of the Library... or the Lounge... A23672405 i put them in my art studio...

i am sure i need lots of help with my GL... let me think... format first right? smiley - smiley

lemme think a sec

Post 18

fluffykerfuffle

smiley - space
k the budgie thing first.... did you know the fruit our tomatoes come from is poisonous? i dont know more than that but it explains why budgies wont eat it... maybe theres something similar from where they evolved and they have a natural abhorance for that kinda smell-thing.

sorry about Ozzie... yeah life goes on but we wish we could still have those smiley - tit little lives still a part of it!

punk ROCK??!! im asking... i will believe you i promise i believe almost anything smiley - weird

i know so little about ML that i dont even know what i need help with... yet

want to put the explanation at the top but not so scattered like it is now... more elegant and compact... need a nice font.

would like to put some little cool thing at the top of the reply window when folks are writing something if thats possible. i have one over my message composing place.

i know i want to make the names of the "books" be the links to the entries they go to... i think i know how to do that... then have little explanation after their names...

definitely want some background color... change the outside stuff of brunel ... i like TITs colors he has on his ps. the creamy yellow.

k smiley - smiley enuf for this posting

Post 19

How about English Usage in the Edited Guide A266131. I found it helpful when learning how to spell words wrong, er, I mean, with extra vowels. smiley - evilgrin

Post 20

Never mind, you've already got that one. smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post