A Conversation for Talking Point: What Are you Scared Of?

My dog

Post 1

scaryfish

Ok, I'm not scared of my dog - this is what my DOG is scared of.

Thunder.
Lawn mowers.
Hoses.

If there is a thunderstorm, he will try to hide behind the chair, quivering helplessly. And this ain't no corgy, either! He's a big feroceous alsation (german shepherd).

If you start the lawn mower same thing happens.

If you unrole the hose, he dissappears, only to re-appear when you're finished.

My dog

Post 2

soeasilyamused, or sea

-mine's afraid of fireworks and the vacuum cleaner.

My dog

Post 3

Annie the Great

Our dogs are frightened of thunderstorms, fireworks, the vacuum cleaner, my mobile phone when it rings, oh and Jack is frightened of Zulu, his girlfriend.

My dog

Post 4

purple dragon

My dog is a corgi and isn't terribly afraid of thunderstorms or fireworks. He's much more likely to bark the house down to boss the weather into behaving itself.

I think he thinks he's a big ferocious alsation.

He does however get nervy if more than one person is stroking him at the same time. What can you do, eh?

PD

My dog

Post 5

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

My parent's dog is terrified of having anything around his neck, like a collar or (as we accidentally discovered) a christmas-cracker hat. It is really wierd, we have had him since he was a pup so we know it isn't because he has been mistreated but when you put anything on him he freezes stock still.

He isn't just being stubborn either because a big pile of fresh turkey in his bowl couldn't persuade him to take even one step forwards. He isn't scared of anything else that we know of and has the same doggy-Napoleon complex that other small dogs get. Odd.

My dog

Post 6

Franacropan

My Sister's Springer Spanial goes beserk if she smells alcohol on some-ones's breath. I don't know if she is actually scared of it though, just hates it. She didn't have a previous owner so she can't have been trained to detect it.smiley - winkeye

My dog

Post 7

scaryfish

Hey, yeah, that reminds me - my Dog (see first post) also HATES people who smoke pot (I cant spell the m-word). He will attack anyone who he smells has been smoking it... We believe he was trained as a police dog at some point. Or mabey he just hates the smell...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more