A Conversation for Talking Point: What Are you Scared Of?

a small phobia (seagulls)

Post 1

Sprangle(the short dog that dances in her own little world and plays in mud puddles when it rains)

Ever since I was 4 or 5 I have been scared of seagulls. People tease but I have a reasonable expalation. And the only time I am really terrified is when they are not at the ocean. When I was little I loved animals and wanted to pet them. I live in PA and one was in my front yard. I tried to pet it and it tried to bite. I stepped back and it came towards me I ran it chased trying to bite my tush. I was so scared. I ran inside calling for my Dad and the bird just started hitting our glass door and window. Finally it accidently hit the doorbell and it was scared away. Now I am afaid of those devil birds. At school when arriving on the bus the fields or covered with thousands of the birds. I tell Jon and Kate that they are going to be the next dominate species but they don't believe. I can see through those beedy eyes.

Beware of Seagulls!

Sprangle


a small phobia (seagulls)

Post 2

PinkyBoodles

I live near a river and am generally fond of seagulls and their bizarre cries, but they can be a little spooky. Sometimes they scream in the dead of night like a violin in a Hitchcock movie, but that doesn't bother me. However, I once walked through a local park quite innocently one evening with my then-boyf, only to discover the football pitch was a mass of the beady-eyed birdies. They were strangely still, and very quiet all huddled there in the dark. I didn't hang about long to find out what they were up to - I've seen "The Birds" and didn't want caught up in some malevolent scheme to avenge their caged relatives - but the sight of hundreds of pale seagulls hushed together on a cloudy night is not something I'll ever forget.


a small phobia (seagulls)

Post 3

Sprangle(the short dog that dances in her own little world and plays in mud puddles when it rains)

I know it is weird. I have only seen bits and peices of "the Birds" but still I have this feeling they want to kill me. And what u described I don't think I would have been able to handle it. You see I live in PA and Seagulls are suppose to be by the ocean not in the suburbs. I can sort of stand them at the beach because that is where they live and they should just stay there.

sprangle


a small phobia (seagulls)

Post 4

Zero126

I have lived near bodies of water all my life, and I have always hated seagulls. I'm not afraid like you people, they just bother me. Once one stole some food of mine at the beach, and I just haven't liked them since. I toss rocks, shells, and anything else expendable when I see one. Same thing with sparrows, but that's different. Why? Ever read "The Dark Half" by Stephen King? You'll know.


a small phobia (seagulls)

Post 5

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if
Researcher "Zero126"
would go back to there own page and then click on the "EDIT PAGE" button and then write a little something about your self then a ACE can come and welcome you there properly
Sorry for interrupting your conversation smiley - ok

Manda smiley - magic


a small phobia (seagulls)

Post 6

MrBustardo

No Sprangle, you're being mislead by the REAL danger...GEESE! These winged dinosaur-leftovers are vicious sociopathic beings of the highest order!!! WE MUST END THEM!!! THE SEAGULS ARE ONLY (SENSUAL) LACKIES OF THESE GODFORSAKEN BEASTS OF BORE (AT)!! thEy will gET thEir'Z!1!

sIc sEmpEr tYrAnnUs!!!!!!smiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - ok

-Senoir Bustardosmiley - ale


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more