A Conversation for Don't Panic - Frequently Asked Questions

Is signing up for this....

Post 1

JediSlider

....and being a part of the guide completely free (except for the price of the time spent exploring this addicting place)?

Post 2

Yoz

Absolutely completely free. All we need form you is your email address so that we can create you an account, and you need never give us anything again. In fact, if you've got two different email addresses, you can have two accounts. Why not create an account for every email address? (Because it wouldn't make h2g2 any more usable and it'd be terribly confusing. But it'd give us much larger registration figures to show the boss, which would be cool. Don't let me pressure you or anything.)

We may start charging for super-duper-premiere-gold-plated services at some point in the future, but we have no plans to charge for the level of access that all our users have at the moment. Aren't we nice? (Say "Yes, Yoz.")

-- Yoz, who is nice.

Yes Yoz. :)

Post 3

JediSlider

Very cool. I may sign up under two accounts, just because when I confuse myself more, I end up being less confused. And since this place is so wonderful and cool, might as well. smiley - smiley

Post 4

Nobby the Scarecrow

Yes Yoz
Is it possible to change the email address that an account refers to though? I'm currently registered from my work address, but may in the future want to change to a home address.
Or would the solution simply be to set up a new account and create a link in it to the old account?
Oh. Looks like I've just answered my own question... Doh.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more