This is the Message Centre for T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

RIP Steve

Post 1

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

One of the worlds most entertaining, and annoying smiley - winkeye zoologists was killed today when he was stung by a stingray. I'll miss his relaxed joyous aproach to zoology. His infectios aproach to zoology was refreshing and entertaining. He made these, often deadly, creatures even more facinating than they already were and his hands on aproach enlivened a subject which was often, by it's very nature, remote and distanced.

The world of zoology has lost a great asset in Steve Irwin. I send my best wishes to Terri, his kids and his colegues at Australia Zoo.

smiley - cry

RIP Steve

Post 2

Secretly Not Here Any More

Stung by a stingray? Aww, I was hoping he'd have been eaten by a crocodile or something.

RIP Steve

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

If the world had more like Steve, kindness would take the place of hate.

Respects to a NICE GUY!!!

RIP Steve

Post 4

Scandrea

Oh man, what a way to start a Monday.

I mean, we all laugh and joked that he was going to get himself killed, but when he actually went and did it, it's not so funny anymore.

He was a good man, and did a lot for conservation. God bless.

Really sorry- still in shock.

RIP Steve

Post 5

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Yeah, I used to joke that he'd get himself killed, but you don't expect it to actually happen

smiley - cry

RIP Steve

Post 6

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit remembering a documentary in South America
"They were searching anacondas, mom, dad and the little boy smiley - cry.

His mood and way of explaining things was great, however each time he got bitten or stung he should have concidered his family. "

RIP Steve

Post 7

fundamentallyflawed

I heard about that late last night. It really is too bad.smiley - sadface

RIP Steve

Post 8

Ladye_Seagull

It is never wise to joke about death. Never, never, never. I'm sorry too that he died.

RIP Steve

Post 9

I disagree, joking about death is a good way of dealing with grief. I know it's different to a sleb dying, but I remember carrying my great-gran's coffin, and my cousing going "f-ing hell! I know people were leaving trinkets in here for her but they could have thought of us when they gave her the cast iron kettle and pot noodles!"
It brought a smile to our faces on an otherwise incredibly upsetting day.

RIP Steve

Post 10

Ladye_Seagull

I suppose it would depend on how well you knew the person who died.
Best not to talk to Ladye Seagull about death.smiley - tasmiley - ta

RIP Steve

Post 11

Fairy snuff then!

RIP Steve

Post 12

EvilClaw: The Catmanthing

Condolences added.

RIP Steve

Post 13

Horatio_Caine: {Princess Garnet Til Alexandros XVII}

Stevie.. you died doing what you loved....

RIP Steve

Post 14

Scandrea

There was a cartoon in the local paper about Steve today that was very fitting. You can probably find it at http://www.caglecartoons.com

I've always said that if I can live as long and be as healthy as my gido, I'm doing a good job. I have to add to that now: If I can live as long and as healthy as my gido, and have as full a life as Steve Irwin, I'm doing a great job.

I hope wherever he is, there's lots of crocs. smiley - brave

RIP Steve

Post 15

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/irwin.html

Key: Complain about this post