A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Moderation

Pre-moderation

Post 1

Bud_White

I'm not even sure this post will show, since I am apparently in pre-moderation, and my other attempted post elsewhere on this site today didn't show.

But on the off-chance it works, can anyone tell me why I a in pre-moderation? I've read the house rules, and can see no way anything I've ever posted would breach them. Furthermore, as far as I can tell, none of my old posts has been removed to be moderated, but the only post I have made today has been put in pre-moderation. So, how am I in pre-moderation, if, as far as I can tell, no complaints have been made about any of my previous posts?

Also, is there any way I can contact the moderation team to ask why I'm in pre-moderation?

Thanks for any help.

Pre-moderation

Post 2

I'm not really here

Did you sign up on the Talk Buffy site? It's closing on Monday, so it could be that they've put it into pre-mod for its final few days.

Pre-moderation

Post 3

Ottox

That's the case. *You* are not on pre-mod, all of the Talk Buffy site (including your personal space) is.

Pre-moderation

Post 4

I'm not really here

Having just looked at the site, I think it is in pre-mod because other messages on there haven't been moderated. Your personal space must belong on that site. I suggest you contact Peta (U24) Or Natalie (U190181) and ask if they'll move you to h2g2.

Pre-moderation

Post 5

I'm not really here

simpost! smiley - biggrin

Pre-moderation

Post 6

Peta

Talk Buffy closed on Friday night along with a number of the BBC messageboards.

It's in pre-mod because we have to do some technical work to close it - so for the moment it's just been switched to pre-mod, to stop new posts appearing.

I see you've contacted Natalie h2g2 Producer, so I'll just leave you in her capable hands! smiley - smiley

Pre-moderation

Post 7

Bud_White

Okay, thanks for all your help.

Pre-moderation

Post 8

nickyrichfield

I've just found my personal space over here, after having been a long-term member of Get Writing. A personal message I'm sending to another member has come up as being pre-moderated - is this for the same reason as given on this thread to Bud White?

Pre-moderation

Post 9

the fat gardener

Hi Nicky, it's me.

I'm having everything in pre-mod too, so maybe your supposition is right.

I think I read that the mods are on holiday until the 29th March, so postings will be held in a queue until then.

How are you anyway?

I sort of drifted in, after Get Writing closed. Looks like a nice place.

Luv Fats.

smiley - biggrin

Pre-moderation

Post 10

I'm not really here

The moderators are 24 hours - it's the in-house editorial staff who are enjoying the long weekend. smiley - smiley

Pre-moderation

Post 11

nickyrichfield

Thank you, Mina - we'll see what they have to say when they get round to it, then!

Hi, FG smiley - cheerup - nice to see the familiar name come up. Yes, it's great. I just hope it will let me communicate eventually!

Pre-moderation

Post 12

I'm not really here

You might find that if you've posted on GW the messages won't appear at all as it's now closed - the moderators have probably been told not to check it anymore.

Pre-moderation

Post 13

nickyrichfield

No, it was a thread I'd got onto HERE that was showing up as being pre-moderated. Oh, well, maybe somebody official will eventually see this and explain...

Meantime, these messages are working all right, so that's a start.

Pre-moderation

Post 14

SEF

"a thread I'd got onto HERE"

Just because a thread looks as though it is on a particular dna sub-site doesn't mean that it is. The software on which threads do what has been changed relatively recently. Currently threads associated with some aspect of a personal page, eg journal, show as being on the site from which one approached them rather than being on the site to which that person really belongs. So if the thread was attached to a GetWriting member, it could look like it was on h2g2 but still be pre-moderated as per GetWriting's closing status.

Pre-moderation

Post 15

the fat gardener

thanks Mina and Sef.

Pre-moderation

Post 16

I'm not really here

If you post a link to the thread in question, we might be able to give a definite answer - although still unofficial of course, but at least you'd know whether or not it was worth posting on it anymore.

Pre-moderation

Post 17

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Hello Mina I was a newbie at GW and followed a link here that Logicus (I think) showed me and I am unable to post in my journal or edit my intro. My jounal just takes me to GW when i try to write in it and the intro says pre-mod. Am I in the same boat as the posters above?

Pre-moderation

Post 18

I'm not really here

Hi rynch,

Very probably. If it's h2g2 you want to move to, you'll have to ask the h2g2 Editors - there's a thread here F615?thread=604821 if you haven't already seen it.

I know some behind the scenes stuff has changed lately, but they used to have to move journals and personal spaces seperately, so it might take some jiggling about before you are completely moved over.

If you are completely new - ie only a couple of weeks with no work to worry about losing, then it might be easier to just sign up again on h2g2.

Pre-moderation

Post 19

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Thank you Minasmiley - ok
For taking the time to reply to my query. I think I may well have to do what you said. I have nothing to lose at all in GW and the way I,m going at the moment here I may well be best advised to start out againsmiley - ermsmiley - erm. Tasmiley - cheerup once again..<(I mean flowers here..not cheer up.there should be a distinction!..lol)

Pre-moderation

Post 20

I'm not really here

Happy to help, and thanks for the flowers! smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post