This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

Half an observation

Post 1

GreyDesk

I've noticed that when I write my signature I partially close my right eye as I sign it.

I have no idea why that happens smiley - huhsmiley - erm

Half an observation

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

How partially? WE DEMAND DETAILS!!!

Half an observation

Post 3

Secretly Not Here Any More

My signature's slowly getting shorter.

It started off as 'Andrew Nattan'
And it's now 'Andre_ Natta-' with a flick replacing the 'w' and 'an' in my name.

But I don't partially close my eyes...

Half an observation

Post 4

GreyDesk

Gosho - How partially? About enough for my eyelashes to start obscuring my vision, but not enough to make the view all blurry. I only first noticed that I was closing an eye this evening, when I signed five credit card slips in the space of about 45 minutes whilst out shopping for stuff.

And yes, I practised a few signatures with my left eye firmly and consciously shut to give you that answer smiley - silly

Psycorp - you do realise with that sort of information we can track you down; then stand outside your house and start laughing at you smiley - tongueout

Half an observation

Post 5

Five credit card transactions in 45 minutes? Out for a bit of retail therapy were we? smiley - winkeye

Not only can we stand outside Psycoprps' house, we can now have a pretty good crack at his signature smiley - tongueout

While we're on the subject - my own mark is remarkably similar to my mother's, since I used to sign her name in my school homework book every week smiley - blush

Half an observation

Post 6

Oh. Right. Crap.

Half an observation

Post 7

As if we would smiley - hug

Half an observation

Post 8

GreyDesk

No, not retail therapy, just buying stuff that I need - Sainsburys; Sainsburys fags & papers kiosk; petrol; off licence because I'd forgotten to buy the vodka in the first transaction; Halfords for a new rear wash wipe blade.

Half an observation

Post 9

E G Mel

I do hope you weren't buying Fags at the 'fags and paper kiosk' smiley - winkeye

I have been known to forge other people's mums sigs in their HW diaries, mine was generally signed on time or I had genuinly forgotten and I'd get it done for the next day and all would be ok.

I had almost forgotten how to sign my name because I've been using the chip and pin system in France for the last year! I keep on looking for the machine when I go into shops and then remember there isn't one and I have to hand the card over to the sales person smiley - blush

Mel smiley - hsif

Half an observation

Post 10

broelan

My signature has gotten drastically shorter in the years since the advent of the check-card. It's gone from the full-out version including middle initial to something between 'lbeckerg' - formal version and 'lbkg' - informal.

Both eyes fully open every time smiley - winkeye

Half an observation

Post 11

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

I just cannot seem to sign my signature the same way twice, the number of times Supermarkets have asked my for photo ID cause the sig didn't match is embarrasing smiley - blush...

The new chip/pin things are great, they are everywhere in Plymouth now...

Half an observation

Post 12

GreyDesk

Chip & PIN - great if you're good at remembering numbers ...

F63554?thread=271337

Ah ... smiley - erm

Half an observation

Post 13

Mu Beta

I'm certainly a bit worried about all the new numbers I'll have to remember. I'm sure I'd end up using the same one all the time, which isn't very secure.

Just like I use the same password all over the internet.

B

Half an observation

Post 14

E G Mel

If you choose a few numbers that mean something to you then you can write on the back of the card a little 'aide de memoire' that way no-one can tell what the number is but you know exactly which number goes with which card.

You just have to make sure that the 'aide de memoire' works for you only!

Mel smiley - hsif

Half an observation

Post 15

broelan

I could never think up that many passwords, much less remember them. I have about 3 that I alternate, because places that require them usually lock up if you don't get it right on the third try. I have about the same number of PINs.

I still prefer to sign my name where I can though. Even if it's on a little electronic pad instead of a real piece of paper.

Half an observation

Post 16

E G Mel

I prefer the pin method because anyone can sign my name but only I know my pin numbers.

I've actually a good mind to scratch the security code off my cards so that if someone finds them in the street they can't use them online, it would only be another 3 digits to remember per card after all!

Mel smiley - hsif

Half an observation

Post 17

GreyDesk

Of the various (and many) cards I have, I only stick one of them in to cash machines so therefore I only know 1 PIN number. If we come to having to use PIN numbers for credit card transactions I'm going to be b*ggered as I haven't got a clue what their numbers are.

No doubt somewhere I've got a little stash of reminders from the banks as to the numbers, but of course all of those reminders look the same and don't have the card number written on them, so which is which smiley - erm

Half an observation

Post 18

I used to remember house numbers and pin numbers by the squad numbers of Leeds Players. For example my mate Dave lives at Stephen McPhail on Holly Road. Having sold most of the players I may well be stumped for remembering my pin...

Half an observation

Post 19

E G Mel

Ask them to send you new ones for the ones you don't remember then go and change them to something you can remember!

Mel smiley - hsif

Half an observation

Post 20

Mu Beta

Psycorp, that might be the most deeply pathetic confession I have ever heard.

B

Key: Complain about this post