This is the Message Centre for GreyDesk

Plod, plod, plod...

Post 1

GreyDesk

The news is that there will be between 14,000 and 16,000 police from the Met guarding George Bush during his visit to England.

Right, who's up for a bit of burglary on the streets of Enfield. We're going to get away with it you know smiley - thiefsmiley - biggrin

Plod, plod, plod...

Post 2

SEF

I think it might end up in an Enfield Chase instead. smiley - winkeye

Plod, plod, plod...

Post 3

Number Six

smiley - laugh

smiley - mod

Plod, plod, plod...

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Anyone recall crime stats during the miners strike? I used to have a little furniture workshop at the time and one of my customers was a rozzer. He loved the strike - it netted him something like £400 a week (he reckoned) in overtime each time he went to Yorkshire to knock a miner or two on the bonce. He also reckoned that almost every copper he knew of was doing the same.

My workshop was in Hoxton - not known for being filled with fine upstanding pillars of the community, and he was from a nearby cop shop, so you've gotta wonder if the local villains took advantage of this disappearace of The Filth from the streets smiley - winkeye

Plod, plod, plod...

Post 5

parrferris

I gather that the police allocated to protecting Bush (mainly from being being upset by seeing people who don't like his politics) represents about 12% of the entire British force.

Plod, plod, plod...

Post 6

Lighthousegirl - back on board

smiley - yikes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GreyDesk

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more