A Conversation for h2g2 New Users

How did you find this place?

Post 1

Skorpio

I would like to know how people found out about this site, one avenue was tommorows world, but this only accounts for some people in the uk, i got the link from the haddock directory.
I Also think everyone should send emails to projectcool.com to nominate this site for a projectcool sighting.

Post 2

Researcher 34964

I was asked to add some network connections for 2BL (Sydney AM radio station). Only then did I know
that D.A. was on the air at 1PM the following day and this was the purpose of the new network connections.
ANYWAY ..
While listening to the interview/chat/etc heard mention of this site so here I am smiley - smiley

-Geoff

Post 3

Researcher 35589

Hi. I read about this awesome project in the TV/Entertainment section of the Auckland Herald (New Zealand). Don't know how the editor found out about it tho ....

Post 4

Ears

Hiya, I read about this site in "The Sydney Morning Herald" Australia. Excellent site.

Post 5

Researcher 35061

I found it in Yahoo's Pick of the Week on Monday. And it's very, very funny. How comforting to know I'm not the only loony in the Galaxy...

Post 6

Researcher 35092

Yahoo! has their "Picks of the Week" in their free e-mail. So here I am!

Darkdart 35902

Post 7

Jo

How did I find it? A very brief email from my brother, which he apparently emailed to everyone he knows. I have no clue how he found out about it, but I'll be sure to ask now.

Post 8

Patrick G

I found out about this place from Yahoo's cool places listing, and I since the books still have
a place of honor on my bookshelf, I had to come and check it out. Wow- to actually be a
researcher just like Ford. Now where is my towel??

Post 9

Zach Garland

I found this place while perusing the Usenet newsgroups. It was either alt.fan.douglas-adams or alt.galactic.guide.

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/h2g2 is now a place where people can hear about it too. =)

Post 10

benjymous

I remember seeing a hint that it would appear soon about a year ago (when looking
at the tdv site for info on ST) - when I saw the TW program it jogged my memory (hey!
yeah! I remember that!) so I signed up!

Post 11

Researcher 37480

The same way a few others did - I read my yahoo mail. I pounced immediately. I guess reding the "trilogy" back in the 50's had me primed.

Post 12

Researcher 37480

I just answered. BUT, when did current "space-loons" discover the Hitchhiker in the first place? What were the circumstances that brought you to the books?

Post 13

benjymous

My Dad used to play tapes of the radio series during long car journeys, so when I was
old enough to cope with decent-length novels, I read them all!

Post 14

Elizabeth

I received a very mystrious email from the guys who own this place.. and Mr. Ford Prefect. I assume they found me via Starship Titanic.. heh

Post 15

RSBohn

Yahoo Pick-o-the-week.
I have been running my personal web page (with journal entries and weekly 'rant' articles) by hand for some years now. Great to find H2G2 does exactly what I need and so much cooler!

Post 16

Fenchurch M. Mercury

I simply typed in "www.hitchhikers.com". The adoption of that domain name was a smart move...that is, if attracting extremely bored people who enjoy typing in random domain names is your idea of "smart". smiley - smiley

-Fenchurch M. M.

Post 17

Zach Garland

I caught a radio episode of HHGG several years ago by mistake. It was on national public radio I think. I loved it so much I had to find the books.

I think there were friends about the same time who had read the book and told me about it, but I think I heard it on radio before my friends told me. Anyway, that's how I first got hooked.

Post 18

Spree

i saw it in an israeli paper called "Captain Internet" i read a few books of douglas adams so the momment i saw his name, i came.

Post 19

Ginger The Feisty

I was originally given the book by my uncle which I then didn't read for 4 years (I was only 12 at the time)

Post 20

Researcher 39182

I found the site at Club Internet's Cool Sites http://www.clubi.ie when I was bored on this Sunday evening.
Has kept me amused for hours. 'Cos there's shag all on the telly.

Fergal

Key: Complain about this post