A Conversation for h2g2 New Users

Advertising

Post 1

Hitchhiker59

During the TW launch, an example was given of using this site to post a comment about a restaurant.

Couldn't this be used as a kind of advertisement? Don't the terms of h2g2 forbid that? Please elucidate!

Advertising

Post 2

Slow walker

Elucidate ? You filthy beast.

Advertising

Post 3

Hitchhiker59

LOL ... OK, SlowWalker, you've found me out! Or perhaps I should say you have made me lucid or clear, or even thrown light upon me!

Advertising

Post 4

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

It's only advertising if you work for or own the restaurant. Honest opinion is what we mean.

And anyway, think about what an advertiser would get - a ton of responses telling him what people really think about the product/service. That's the true power of the Guide, and what we'll be trying to harness.

Advertising

Post 5

Hitchhiker59

Thank you, James. I hoped that would be the answer. I guess I'm just an old cynic who thought someone might dress up advertising in the guise of honest opinion.

It's a great site, and about time that something like this was launched in the UK. Good luck to you all!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more