A Conversation for I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - the Radio Series

FANDOM

Post 1

Bluesatinbutterfly

AH,,,,, Mornington Crescent, how that name thrills and delights me!
I have listened to this radio programme since it’s inception with disbelieve and delight in equal measure over the years.
My daughters, when deemed old enough, were in turn introduced to Radio 4’s comedy shows and now miss nary a one.
I travelled to London from Edinburgh last year for the express purpose of finding and walking through Mornington Crescent. I know, it’s seems ridiculous, but I honestly felt so thrilled when I stood in the centre of the crescent and looked around. This must be what being a fan does. HELP !!!
Blue.

FANDOM

Post 2

krytenssparehead

you think thats sad pah i can beat that . i am irish and was in london in december 2005 to see a christmas gig of the band marillion . the last routemaster was running that time as well which i also wanted to see . the route they were running on 159 ran from marble arch , i was staying in kentish town . in order to get back from marble arch i could change trains in one of 3 stations . mornington cresent being one of them . i had to get out and take a picutre of the station crest and sadder still post it on my web site smiley - biggrin

can anyone help me with the rule of the game . i canlt owrk them out at all .
cheers
me smiley - cheers

FANDOM

Post 3

KymriskaDraken

Humph played at the Great British Beer Festival with his band a few years ago. There was a signing session afterwards and I was there amongst the hoards with CDs for him to sign. Imagine his surprise when I presented Humph with my London A-Z and asked him to "sign my Mornington Crescent". He signed it though.

Kev

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more