This is the Message Centre for ~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Hi there.

Post 1

Kumabear

Welcome to H2g2!

I'm Kumabear one of the h2g2 aces ,The official welcoming commitee around here. If you have any questions about the place feel free to ask me. smiley - winkeye

Enjoy yourself!

-Kuma

Hi there.

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Thanks I will.

Hi there.

Post 3

The Fish

Hi John smiley - smiley

You were asking about how to add people to your "referances" on your user page....

....well, if you understand the GuideML, then just add a :

(Change the "U43536" bit to whatever the persons "U number" is... You can find this by clicking on their name, this'll show you their User Page ie: http://www.h2g2.com/U43536 <~~this is the U number...)
If you want to add a page to the References section use the:

Between the

and

Tags...

Hope that works smiley - biggrin
smiley - fish

Hi there.

Post 4

I will have gotten back to you by then if I remember correctly the unfolding to be. Oh god my crystal ball is having deja vu!

Hi there.

Post 5

Kumabear.....
I visited your homepage. On the right, under the ID box is a list of "Referenced....".
Other homepages have similar "References" columns.
They work as hotlinks - click and (chugga-chugga) bob's yer knuckle, there you are at a new link.
Fella name Fish tried to explain how to get a list like that set up... but he was frowning at me in another conversation so I don't know if this is a "red herring" so to speak...
No rush, no worries. It will all be revealed soon I'm sure. Having a ball at h2g2 -
but I think I'm pissing off some of these Brits.

Read about your summer bummer.
Hey if the Cape ain't got enuff colour (British spelling) don't ever try Maine or Nova Scotia or God Forbid, Newfoundland. We have no color (Yankee spelling) just the grey scale.

Hi there.

Post 6

Seven of Nine [(1x52)-2-8]x1=42!

Greetings johnwfulton13.
If you will explain the problem you are having, maybe we can help.
What exactly do you wish to do on your page?
Have you been putting Guide ML links and then not converting your page to Guide ML? That is a common error.
The Fish was trying to help you.
I have checked his information and it is correct.
Please inform us what you wish to "refer to". Is it off-site? Is it a picture?
Have you tried the clinic?
http://www.h2g2.com/GuideML-Clinic
~Seven of Nine~smiley - flyhi

Hi there.

Post 7

-
Thanks seven.
I believe I said god bless you on another page in this rabbit warren of dangling conversations, for different reasons, and here you are again... A saint indeed.
Truth is I hadn't yet figured out that there was a page two on my spaces forum and surely I'd fill up that left hand column of My Space very quickly... I met a lot of people in those first 48 hours and wanted to be able to get back to them. I thought I would need more room for quick links to "favourites"... I started to Panic when I thought I'd lost track of some... but there they were on page 2.
You people have thought of everything. Your crystal ball must have a deja vu setting too.
How long will the coversation links lay dormant?
How many conversation links will page two hold?
Is there a page three?

Hi there.

Post 8

The Fish

smiley - biggrin

ALL of your conversations (unless un-subscribed) will be there FOREVER! smiley - winkeye And you can go back to them at anytime.... H2G2 has VERY VERY big hard disks smiley - bigeyes

Try using a link like this to view all of them:

http://www.h2g2.com/MP162344?show=1000

smiley - biggrin
smiley - fish

Hi there.

Post 9

at the bottom of each full page, there's a link to take you to the next pagesmiley - tongueout You will never lose your "threads" unless you deliberately unsubscribe from them! They are permanently on your page.
I think each page from 2 onwards holds 20 threads.
If you would like to trawl through *my* message centre...it goes back quite a way as I meet & greet a lot of newcomers!smiley - tongueout
The threads can lay dormant for as long as it takes for someone to refresh the thread by posting. When someone answers you, that thread will appear at the top of your conversations. You may find it easier to right click on it, then *open in new window*, answer the thread, then close that window. Working through your threads that way, you will not miss any out. If you refresh your page every time you post, it is very easy to get into a quick-moving thread, and if you don't have much online time, threads get missed.
Just a bit of advice!
Hope it helps!smiley - biggrin
Shout if you need any more help...smiley - ok
~Seven of Nine~smiley - flyhi

Hi there.

Post 10

*waves to The Fish*smiley - hsif
smiley - fishWe simposted!smiley - flyhi

Hi there.

Post 11

*waves to The Fish*smiley - hsif
smiley - fishWe simposted!smiley - flyhi

Hi there.

Post 12

The Fish

smiley - wow *grins* A symlpost AND a dualpost in one sitting, what FUN! smiley - biggrin

*waves back*
smiley - fish

Hi there.

Post 13

Kumabear

Ahh...Look at all the help you got!

I'm only near my computer on weekends so I sometimes don't reply quickly.

Hi there.

Post 14

TA VERY MUCH MATE!
Oh god it's catching.
You're right Kumallbare these are right nice folks. Talk funny tho. Think headlights are called lamps. And they eat curries so they can't be all bad.
Forgot to tell you how much I agonized over your bear (the box eared big brown bruno on your homepage) He comes to life on my screen. (It's all fuzzy like underwater.) Does he have a name. If you ever find anyone to animate him I'll do his voice for you.
Have you visited Walter Brown Bear's homepage. It's quite sad really. Folks have left toys for him and pretty things. But it doesn't seem to cheer him up at all. Maybe you could show him your bear, Wuzzizname.

Hi there.

Post 15

Kumabear

Can't say that I like curry that much. Had it once and considered chopping out my tongue.

Huh? Who's the bear? That's me!

I visited Walter way back but he was too sad. Just couldn't deal with it.

Hi there.

Post 16

Yes Walter is unbearable. But then pessimism, depression and nihilism and are highly tuned fine arts in many foggy rainy places. Not my cuppa however...
The wonder of the grey scale is not its drabness, darkness and dullness but the way it forces subtle variations of light.

Hi there.

Post 17

Poor thing.
Have you told him about the bikini contest?
That might cheer him upsmiley - smiley
http://www.h2g2.com/A480449

Hi there.

Post 18

-Note to self-
One week later Seven of Nine would be crowned Miss Bikini. A successful politician must seek out the voter.

Hi there.

Post 19

Heh heh
I *did* promote the contest quite a bit, didn't I?
Including riding my seahorse at the h2g2 Waterworks, ~and~ parading my bikini on the beachsmiley - biggrin

Hi there.

Post 20

Bernie Risenfall

Hello again John. I found your homepage and just wanted to say hi. I see you are from Canada too, eh?

Key: Complain about this post