A Conversation for Goulburn

Peer Review: A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 1

aussie_sunset

Entry: Goulburn - A16433804
Author: aussie_sunset - U6216851

could you review this for me? Goulburn is a town in NSW Australia. I hope it comes up to standard.

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 2

Icy North

This is one of the most enjoyable reads I've had for a long time - many thanks for submitting it! smiley - ok

It needs a little bit of work in a few places to make it acceptable for the Edited Guide, but it'll be well worth it. The two main things are:

1. You need to remove all the first-person references ("some of us are thinking of recycling our pee", "most of us Aussies are descended from Poms", etc.)

2. Could you convert it to Guide-ML rather than plain text? Add tags around the headers, and tags around the paragraphs. The sub-editors will be eternally grateful if you do.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Goulburn in the Edited Guide!

smiley - cheers Icy

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 3

Wilma Neanderthal

Brilliant read! I agree with everything Icy said. If you need help with the GuideML, this is the place to ask, ok?

Wilma

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Agreed, darn good read it was too smiley - magic nice writing style; easy to read and even me with my goldfish attention span managed to read it all smiley - wowsmiley - cool

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

I think it just needs an introduction, telling us how big the town is and a general description of. Good job!

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Don't remove the pee reference. Just change it to:

some of the residents are thinking of recycling their pee

smiley - smiley

You should put the name of the country in the title: Goulburn, Australia. Or you can be more specific: Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia or whatever it is.

You needn't bother struggling with GuideML if you don't want to, as the subeditor will be able to convert it in next to no time, so it's not a problem as it is.

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 7

steve-paul ---- no lyrics!!<wah>

i like itsmiley - ok, i really enjoyed reading thissmiley - winkeye.

"Goulburn has the nation's largest nastiest prison" ---> change 'nation's' to 'Australia's'

smiley - oksmiley - cool

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 8

aussie_sunset

Thanks Icy... these might be a silly question, but how do I edit my "goulburn" post do i just view it, copy and paste into a new entry, edit it and send it back for peer review again?

Douglas Adams inspired me to study literature, also I was too stupid for a science degree.

Aussie Sunsetsmiley - cheers

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 9

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

Nice entry, mate smiley - cheers

I've actually been to Goulburn, though that's about 11 years ago; some of our relations live out there. Somewhere I believe I have a picture of the concrete sheep - I definitely remember seeing it smiley - biggrin.

You should be able to go into the entry you have here and click the button marked "Edit Entry" - hope that helps smiley - goodluck.

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 10

Icy North

There's also a link on your personal space - find the list of your guide entries, and there should be an "edit" link next to the one on Goulburn. Any problems, just shout!

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 11

BMT

Hi Aussie_sunset,

Are you still working on this? smiley - smiley

ST.

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 12

Niwt

We're all thinking of recycling our pee down here...

I like the entry smiley - ok and the guide really needs more on Australia.

I remember as a school group or something we went to Goulburn once and had to hang around some Goulburnite kids. We asked them how they liked Goulburn and they all said together "it's a hole!" LOL

You should say more on the Big Merino though!

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 13

U168592

Brill little Entry, smiley - ta

You don't mention it, but Goulburn to me was always the place to stop off when driving from Albury to Sydbey for a bit of a rest and something to eat. And I think many road users did the same, like lorry drivers etc, so it's actually a great place to hitchhike from too.

With some neat GuideML this looks like becoming a valuable addition to the EG. Nice job - do come back soon!

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 14

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Hi there I notice that you like to work on several entries at once. smiley - smiley There can be good and bad points to doing that as I well know.

The only thing I have so far come up with a part from those things already mentioned is that it could have been put through the writing forum before being put in PR.

Nevertheless this is good work smiley - goodluck

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 15

aussie_sunset

Still Working on it... I do a lot of writing so I just have to get around to it, I certainly want to get it up to standard for the guide, and incorpoate the suggestions.

Aussie sunset

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 16

U168592

smiley - whistle

'ello? Don't forget this...it's a valuable contribution in the making!

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 17

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

How's this coming along, aussie_sunset? smiley - smiley

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 18

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

Yes, how's this coming along?

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 19

Leo

I don't suppose you've thought of finishing this...? smiley - musicalnote

Aussie hasn't posted since the first week of November. smiley - erm Rather a pity. It was a fun entry.

A16433804 - Goulburn

Post 20

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

hmm... so it's going on 3 months without a peep. drat - this really is good - it wouldn't take much more to finish.

Key: Complain about this post