A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

A pretty nifty parlor trick really.

Post 21

Thorn

Hated to sound like a conventional insufferable braggart. Can only do that 100% in ink -mistakes when it is a subject I know very thoroughly well, like a character or object well versed in ...

Post 22

Researcher 556780

ahhhh....smiley - laugh

You didn't actually come across that way!

Libraries have scanners sometimes...or friends...or schools and colleges...mebbe even the work place...smiley - bigeyes

Post 23

Thorn

Maybe if I ask my father very nicely...He's kind of like a viking and a businessman at the same time. Rats, no viking smiley. Do you know if there is a way to send it here?smiley - tea&smiley - cake

Post 24

Researcher 556780

You can't send it to this site, but you can set up one of your own using..

er...

webshots.com

or

fotki.com

Those are free sites to display your artwork...or you could send the file to Mudhooks by e-mail...shes a nice lady artist on here that has a gallery of H2Ger's (that's us) where people can browse thro a miscellany of artist talents...it's on my personal space I think as a clickable link - actually I think it's a link to the coversation on the hootooer's gallery with a clickable link to the said gallery...smiley - erm

I've just fin work so I'm a bit tired, and took the scenic route of describing where to go...smiley - laugh

hicccc!

Post 25

Thorn

Oh, right. Aargh, me pop's being beserker again(no not howling incomprehensible gibberish, foaming at mouth and holding blood-caked axe)smiley - rofl Wants me to stop keeping him and my little brothe rawake by typing so loud. smiley - wizard

Post 26

Thorn

Looked at your page for a sec. do you have asthma?
Whoa, me too. Turns out incidentally, was born in new yorksmiley - ski. Don't know why I put that smiley, just because its kind of funny I guess. smiley - wizard

Post 27

Ellen

Hey guys! *waves*

I sold a painting this week. I am RICH!

Post 28

Researcher 556780

ooo..the next round it on you then..money bags smiley - tongueout

I'm so pleased for you..smiley - biggrin

Which one?

Post 29

Ellen

It's a portrait of two little girls, nonidentical twins about 18 months old. Did I send you the link? Let me know if you haven't seen it, and I will email link, cause it is private Webshots folder.

Post 30

Researcher 556780

I haven't seen and would love to...going off to bed shortly and will most likely see it tomora now...er...later on today...smiley - laugh

Post 31

Ellen

Okay, late here too, I'm headed for bed meself. Will send email before I forget.

Post 32

Thorn

Ah, smiley - wow that's neat!
working on a short story for an underguide entry, eventually(I hope). It's called "The Masked Highwayman" and is sort of a farsical parody hybrid between Zorro and monty Python.smiley - wizard.
Gee smiley - tea can be almost as addictive as smiley - coffee. At home have giant pint and a half cups for in the morning. to get us all going.smiley - run

Post 33

Researcher 556780

I've seen the twins...very nice JEllen, love the happiness in the picture! smiley - biggrin

Yea tea is addictive smiley - tea

Neat. uh,have to figure out how to get them on computer/web

Post 34

Alfredo

Birth of the h2g2 friends for art gallery. Feb 25, 2005 Yes, this day the birth took place of The h2g2 Friends Art Gallery. Here was the place of fertilizing, http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alaba...35418?thread=562468&skip=60&show=20 and here the place of the announcement; http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F101132?thread=600405 and here finally the album for �ll h2g2 members who are creative in any visible way (painting, sculptures, drawings, specific gardens, making excentric clothes, etc. etc,.)and want to share it with other h2g2 members. As H2G2 says to new members; "everyone leads an interesting life" (to stimulate them to write in their journal),we'll take along the same credo for this H2G2 Friends Art Gallery http://public.fotki.com/Mudhooks/gallery_42/ or m�re specific http://public.fotki.com/Mudhooks/gallery_42/h2g2_friends_art_album/ Hope to meet you there too! Greetings from Amsterdam, Alfredo

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more