A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Been single

Post 1

thesnowman - researcher 556844

How do you feel been single? i find it lonely, and i miss all the love and affection from a relationship. how do you feel?

Been single

Post 2

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

been single all my life so i have nothing to compare it to really

Been single

Post 3

azahar

F19585?thread=375460

smiley - smiley

az

Been single

Post 4

Bull_man05

Been single

Post 5

Bull_man05

being single is one of the best ways to discover yourself and the type of people who are out there

Being single

Post 6

Im-Naughty-But-Nice

I think being single is great.To me its freedom doing what you want,when you want.
I was married at the age of 19yr and stayed that way for 26yrs.
Now im at the age of 50 & free & single and its fun.
I dont miss the closeness of a full time relationship.
My 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren fill my life for me & living on your own is great.
No-one to argue with over silly little things & if you do have company you can send them home if you get fed up of them.
I never feel lonely & if I do well theres always some-one to stay to keep me company,also I have my dog & hes great,good company & he never answers back.

Being single

Post 7

Dan - SteppaSide

I'm single at 21 and not too bothered. Had a bit of a bad patch when I came out of a long term relationship at 18 so I'm always sympathetic to the single folk that aint to happy about it all. In my mind there are too choices for males in this day and age: Be a player type or be patient. I was not blessed with player abilitys or confidence, also in a place like Loughborough (where females get more than there fair share of attention) you have to be very competative. I'm alot more comfortable being patient. I'm pretty confident I'll find someone special someday, I'm happy with my personality and I'm not perticulary unhappy with the way I look.

Dan

Been single

Post 8

thesnowman - researcher 556844

Been single is awful at anytime, but feels even worse around the festive peroid. Yeah its all the love and affection that i miss.

Been single

Post 9

Dan - SteppaSide

Make the best out of your family and friends over christmas. Don't let this get you down, that won't help at all.

Dan

Been single

Post 10

Prince_of_shadow

I am single but being a uni student and working full time doesn't really give me all that much time to go looking. I realized that my mates offer shoulders to lean on and i have people to talk to so life is too full to be otherwise but i can always speak to a sympathetic ear if the necessity arrises

Been single

Post 11

Metasystem

I've been single for about a year now and can't quite get the hang of it. Its ok if you just want sex I reckon, but I tend to prefer a proper relationship. Tried my hand at unrequited love about six months ago, which was a bit like daily disembowellment while being forced to watch Trisha. Eventually forced myself to give that up, but I'm feeling a bit shaken as a result.

The biggest problem is at a party or after you've been raving and everyone else has someone to share the last dregs of the night with, with and option of a bit of a snuggle to dispel the comedown blues. going to bed alone in a bed you haven't bothered to make properly cos you see it as only functional can be a bit gutting.

end of the day though there's always creative distraction, and there's always someone who's got worse headtrips going on to tell you to get a f593 grip.

Thankyou for your patience with my rant.

peace and love as ever...

Been single

Post 12

Kyra

Hi everyone. I'm kind of new here, so sorry if this is kind of a private thread.

I've never been in a relationship, and I've never been too great at meeting people or making friends. I'm a romantic so I hope that if I ever meet a guy I could fall in love with, I'd know, but in the meantime it's hard, not having someone. Also doesn't help I've moved recently and haven't made any friends yet (which would explain why I spend so much time on this site!) Bottom line, I like being alone, but sometimes I crave someone at night, just to lie in bed next to me, someone who loves me.

Does any one here believe in soul mates or love at first sight?

smiley - cuddle

I need some smiley - choc!

Been single

Post 13

U1567414

your young beka you have plenty time in front of you enjoy xx

Been single

Post 14

Metasystem

Hey unchartedscaper! new here too.. think everywhere's open to post though mate.. smiley - smiley

Perhaps unusually for a bloke, I'm very into the idea of soulmates. I reckon the perfect partner will spark something in you from the first meeting, however constrained the medium for that meeting might be. Love could spring from a phoned-in complaint to a helpdesk if its between the right people.
I reckon the groundwork for love is laid at first sight. It takes work by both people to turn it into the perfect mature love which flowers and has a life of its own. That can take years i reckon. a good love is grown and cultured like a shrub between two people and eventually has a life of its own, over and above its two progenitors.

I'm still workin on how i reconcile this with my biological pragmatism. watch this space smiley - smiley

anyway nice to meet you..

peace n love

ps. where you in exile exactly?

Been single

Post 15

Kyra

That's a really nice idea, Metasystem. I just hope I'll know it when I see it!

I'm in exile in New Zealand. Not such a huge move, I know, but it's the little things that throw you! I miss oz.

Nice to meet you!

smiley - vampireunchartedscaper

Been single

Post 16

Prince_of_shadow

Another local, its good to met you. Exiled in Oz myself.(Not with the wizard) That actually makes some sense considering the ancestory. HA HA HA smiley - smiley

Been single

Post 17

Metasystem

are you in New Zealand or Auckland? hehe..

Been single

Post 18

Kyra

New Zealand (I tried to find a sarcastic smirk smiley but I couldn't so you'll just have to use your imagination)

Hamilton to be exact.

smiley - vampire

Been single

Post 19

Prince_of_shadow

You say Aukland, why not Bondi?

Been single

Post 20

Kyra

Bondi? The only Bondi I know is in Oz

Key: Complain about this post