A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Do we cite sources in entries or not?

Post 1

Malcolm, Colin's Wired Weird Twin [Twice Removed]- {Deus} of Inner Voices {et} A[Not]KA HomicidusInfirmorum

I see refenced sites, but when info is taken from a book or other non-online source, is citation of those sources required before being put into the Edited Guide?

Post 2

Thorn

I wish I knew that one myself (too).
smiley - sorry, I know that that isn't exactly very much help...

Post 3

Malcolm, Colin's Wired Weird Twin [Twice Removed]- {Deus} of Inner Voices {et} A[Not]KA HomicidusInfirmorum

smiley - biggrin That's all right. At least it's some kinda answer. It's horrible just waiting for any reply and not getting even one for a whole hour.

Post 4

Thorn

smiley - erm... I agree.
Didja try asking an ACE?

Post 5

Yeah, I just forgot about that option for about an hour. Thanks for mentioning it though. smiley - smiley

Post 6

Thorn

smiley - goodluck

Post 7

J

You can cite sources if you want smiley - smiley I don't in my entries, but I know some folks who have and I think it's perfectly fine. I know that references at the bottom don't get removed in a final EG entry, though I don't think one should go to the effort of sourcing every quote and statistic.

Up to you, I guess smiley - ok

smiley - blacksheep

Post 8

Well, it certainly puts confidence in the info for readers. That would be a good thing. Although, in the book series, Ford Prefect was unable to cite much about his experiencs on Earth. smiley - biggrin

Post 9

Thorn

(to slightly misquote Arthur Dent): "Temporal- smiley - bleep y-whotsis?!"

Key: Complain about this post