This is the Message Centre for Hati

Pirate in willows and other nice people

Post 1

Hati

August was a bit chilly here, so traveling to somewhere warmer was a clever idea. So, on August 18th I found myself in Denmark.
The original plan was to meet Pierce the Pirate and Edward the Bonobo in Copenhagen but as usual, the plans fail. So I didn't meet either of them there. Instead of that I traveled couple islands further south the visit our dear smiley - pirate in his residence.
Denmark was very warm and welcoming, so was Pierce. He always is, in fact. My staying there was full of sunny days and excellent food. What else could one traveling smiley - blacksheep wish...
In the Nordic corners it's becoming a nice tradition to have some Cultural Event for every meet-up. The next part of the trip was to Lund, Sweden, where Milla had prepared
a whole stage play for us. Well, to be fully honest, it was a local musical theatre project playing Wind in the Willows and Milla had a part in it. In order to be prepared for a whole play in Swedish only I actually read the book first. (In English, as it turned out no-one ever bothered to translate the whole thing into Estonian.)
But first things first. In order to get to Sweden we had to take a train. Couple trains. Pierce carefully sorted out the best train for us – a wonderful and unbelievably comfy German train. As Denmark is a very liberal country, we had a chance to witness trains mating in the railway station. One full grown train approached the other in very slow motion with it's... Ah yes, family site. smiley - blush Anyway, after that we boarded the train and off we were.
Milla was kind enough to meet us in Malmö and then it was about a time to hurry to Lund to meet Titania. Titania and Pierce stayed at a posh hotel. I was even luckier – I stayed at Milla's place. Friday night we had a nice social event – cooking and eating. Amazing that those two things so nicely follow each other.
Saturday was The Day. In a place (not that there was much of a village to notice, even though we tried to get lost there) called Hög there was the outdoor stage, very conveniently on a bank of a small river. Well, considering that it was a whole concrete construction meant to stay there forever.
Wind in the Willows. I don't think I should retell the story. It was staged nicely with quite some witty ideas. The bunch of weasels looked like some neo-goth punks, that was brilliant, though not really fiitting in with the rest of costumes which were very traditional. The musical was played by both professional and amateur actors and it wasn't easy to tell the difference. I guess the professionals had more text. Few children were playing rabbits and squirrels and such, Milla's two lovely kids among the others. Her son was very cute but her daughter surely has the quality of a star. Charisma is the word, I guess. Her presence was so noticeable. (You will notice that even on photos.) And we shouldn't forget Milla – she was the brave washing-lady, who helped Toad to escape the prison. If I didn't know that was her, I'd never recognise her. I'd really love to see her in some bigger role. She surely knows what she's doing and she does it very well.
The rest is minor things. Well, if you can call a cathedral a minor thing. We did some sightseeing in Lund with Pierce and Titania. I had couple more days before my flight left, so I also spent some time in Malmö, which is in fact a very nice town. The Turning Torso was very impressive.
I had very good time in Denmark and Sweden. Great thanks Milla, Titania and Pierce. smiley - ta The rest of you – smiley - envy!

The photos: http://public.fotki.com/hatifnat/

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Really good photos!smiley - ok *must try and install my camera software onto my 'new' desktop at home*

Post 3

Milla, h2g2 Operations

~waves~

smiley - towel

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

oh dear, i didn't get around to write my journal yet smiley - erm

oh well, all in good time smiley - whistle

i liked the neo-goth punk weasels very much and i believe the fact that the rest of the costumes were more traditional helped in alienating the weasels from the good guys

speaking of costumes, they were so well made that i could not tell milla from toad at one point smiley - whistle

(smiley - tongueout)

smiley - pirate

Post 5

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

oops, forgot to say thank you for your nice words, hati smiley - blush

but then i guess you know by now that i always find pleasure in your visits and that you are welcome back any time smiley - smooch

smiley - pirate

Post 6

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - envy

Post 7

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - whistle ..

smiley - smiley yes, smiley - envy is the correct smiley here smiley - biggrin

Post 8